Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 1942

Thread: *Official* Road to the 2010/11 Ashes

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Opener View Post
    I seriously doubt Border really cares. Likely the Australians just see it as a useful sledging tactic to get under England's skin and piss them off.
    I don't rate their chances. KP and Trott are really not the types to be bothered by that sort of crap. Neither are the basically-English Saffers (Prior and Strauss). I can't see this being a particularly great Aussie team when it comes to sledging. They don't have the results, the aura or the ability to back it up, and they mostly seem a pretty inoffensive bunch, Chimpy excepted, but even he has mellowed considerably in recent years.
    Last edited by zaremba; 16-11-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    I don't rate their chances. Strauss and Trott are really not the types to be bothered by that sort of crap. Prior's probably similar. I can't see this being a particularly great Aussie team when it comes to sledging. They don't have the results or the aura to back it up, and they mostly seem a pretty inoffensive bunch, Chimpy excepted, but even he has mellowed considerably in recent years.
    Can't help but agree, Alistair Cook or Steve Finn might be a bit nervy but that's about it. No doubt the Aussies will try though.

I will also resist the urge to murder everyone and everything when someone uses the word "aura".
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    AB clearly indulging in a spot of minor manipulation of l'actualité for levity's sake.

Or, to use its more friendly name, taking the piss out of the poms.

God forbid some ex-cricketers have a sense of humour.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I will also resist the urge to murder everyone and everything when someone uses the word "aura".
    Used with tongue in cheek, ftr. As in the "where's your aura gone" chants at Edgbaston last year

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    SS, can you do one for "Indianism" with the following caption, which seems pretty apt:

"**** at test cricket for 70 years, good for two, now strutting around like you've dominated the game for 120".
    Haha, I am annoyed by India a lot more than I'm annoyed at Australia. So there's no need. Plus no one actually thinks India are dominant now, let alone have been for 120.

The Wheel of Mediocrity is making a comeback.....

Today. You heard it here first.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayzamann View Post
    I'd go out on a limb and say that those comments were in jest, in the article he sort of brushed that aside before getting stuck into the Australian selectors.
    Yeah I read it the same way. Don't think he was being serious when he made those comments. Saw the interview on TV too, looked very tongue-in-cheek.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadsmile View Post
    interesting stats for spinners. Swan will do better.

He's had 9 fifers in the last 2 years and will be getting more in the next 2 months.
    Yeah, Murali was in terrible form before he toured Australia...

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    That and scoring a poultice of runs..

Good to see the future King get engaged, it will distract the English public from the thrashing their cricket team is about to get.

Apparently our national gift to celebrate the occasion, a kangaroo's scrotum zip-up purse for the new missus, was well received.
    We've always appreciated your contributions to royal kneesups - 1953, 1977, and 1981 spring immediately to mind. More of the same please.

So Duncan's Fletcher has come out with this pile of tosh.

The Ashes 2010: This is Australia's worst side for 30 years | Duncan Fletcher | Sport | The Guardian

It mostly consists of the same regurgitated mutterings of confusion from the Aussies and good preparations from England.

The headline wildly claims "This is Australia's worst side for 30 years". Then the article says no such thing, only points out that the said rumours of poor planning from Australia are reminiscent of the Packer days.

But possibly the most spurious point it engages in is judging the health of Aussie cricket by how many of the first team are playing county cricket, compared to ten years ago. Ignoring that this says much more about the counties than Australia, he claims that:

"Not only that, they had about 10 players who could not even get in the team who would have been picked up as well. Look at Australia now and there are not many players in the team that the counties would be scrambling over each other to sign up for a season, let alone 10 more from outside the squad."

No, it's not like the first-choice Test lineup were actually playing internationals this summer, while the fringe players like David Hussey, Brad Hodge, Andrew McDonald, Dirk Nannes, Mark Cosgrove, Chris Rogers, Shaun Tait etc were playing for their counties.

Moron.
    Last edited by Howe_zat; 17-11-2010 at 06:09 AM.

vcs
    Duncan Fletcher writes some really poor articles for the Guardian. Mike Selvey's stuff is much better.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Looks like our bowlers are training hard!

Yfrog Video : yfrog.com/ev7q4z - Uploaded by StuartBroad8

Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Looks like our bowlers are training hard!

Yfrog Video : yfrog.com/ev7q4z - Uploaded by StuartBroad8
    Nice.

Meanwhile, the team get on their dancin' shoes...

YouTube - Swannys Ashes Video Diary - Episode 3

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Nice.

Meanwhile, the team get on their dancin' shoes...

YouTube - Swannys Ashes Video Diary - Episode 3
    Love those.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I had to share it with you.

Forget Stump-cam, Hawk-Eye and Snicko … stand by for shower-cam

I can't be the only one who burst out laughing at that. That said, I've always wondered what happens to Mitchell Johnson's underwear after a hard day in the field.

Watto in the shower? Yes please.

Thread Information