• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How would you rate this series?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've enjoyed it. It's been missing a real thriller of a game, a match that either side can win at any point. But it's been unpredictable and interesting to watch. A 6.5/10 series I'd say.

pasag

RTDAS
Good series, had its moments but the quality of cricket was pretty poor all round. Didn't help being compared every two moments to 2005 but whilst we are doing comparisons it's nowhere near Aus vs SA in Aus this year either and I hear the Pak SL series was pretty good.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I know a lot of people have criticised it, but it's still been a good series IMO. Much more competitive than I was expecting. There hasn't been as many big individual performances or close matches as '05 obviously, but it's still one of the better Ashes series I've watched.

Probably the second best series Australia has been involved in since '05, behind the home series against South Africa recently which had some excellent cricket. The home series against India was pretty good too but all the bull**** overshadowed the cricket.

Bloody Hell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Two evenly matched mediocre sides battling it out. The test rankings will reflect the "quality" of these teams.

The least bad team won.

King Pietersen

International Captain
It'll always be compared to 2005, which it was never going to match, but I've loved the series. Helped by an England win obviously, but it's been competitive, unpredictable and we've seen some excellent performances from players on either side. I'd give it an 8/10.

Uppercut

Good series, had its moments but the quality of cricket was pretty poor all round. Didn't help being compared every two moments to 2005 but whilst we are doing comparisons it's nowhere near Aus vs SA in Aus this year either and I hear the Pak SL series was pretty good.
I thought the series in SA was pretty good too. Some top-quality bowling went on there.

Athlai

Not Terrible
This is the type of arse some Australians will be telling themselves to avoid giving an England side who outplayed them any credit.
But for rain in that first Test....

Damn even series for me and IMO Australia played better, its just England had those stellar moments that gave them the series. Who could have predicted that Broad spell.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd rate it about 6/6.5 out of 10 too. Not a great series as far as quality of play goes, but there have been some decent matches to watch. England outplayed us in 3 of the tests to our two and deserve to win. The teams took turns playing mediocre cricket at times

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I found it slightly above average. Nothing special, but was carried by the nature of the rivalry.

6/10 probably.

Both South African series were better IMO, as was Aust vs. India in Australia 07/08.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Weirdest series i've seen since South Africa's tour to England in 2008. Jus tlike then ENG were the less superior team. But opposition inconsistencies & England ceasing KEY moments at crucial times was enough to do the job.

grecian

The quality wasn't great, but it was thrilling because of the evenness and the importance of the rivalry. Reminded me more of the series in the 80s, lot's of poor cricket interspersed with bit's of brilliance.

Nowhere close to 2005, but what is?

Athlai

Not Terrible
The quality wasn't great, but it was thrilling because of the evenness and the importance of the rivalry. Reminded me more of the series in the 80s, lot's of poor cricket interspersed with bit's of brilliance.

Nowhere close to 2005, but what is?
Aus vs. SA in Aus was probably the best cricketing series I've ever seen.

Uppercut

I think it was probably the highest-quality series I've seen. Hard to beat the 2005 Ashes for excitement, atmosphere, quality... the whole picture. Although it's easy to react against it because no one has learnt to shut the **** up about it yet.

grecian

Perhaps I should of said "as an Englishman".

Still think players like Warne, Hayden, McGrath, Gilchrist made that an harder Oz team to beat. Close finishes were pretty cool too.

Uppercut

Why? Because Australia lost?

It was a terrific series. Topsy turvy... all 3 tests.
Didn't go to the wire though. It was, essentially, a two-test affair.

I was pissed off at the time that it was a three-match series, but in hindsight just think how brilliantly poised it would have been at 2-1 with two to play.