• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussies - pick your attack for The Oval

pasag

RTDAS
Don't want to hear I told you so's or complaints unless you put it on the line BEFORE the match and say which attack should be picked.

Pick four out of:

Johnson, Siddle, Hilfenhaus, Clark, Lee and Hauritz.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Honestly I only want Johnson.

I know Hilfy's been good but if he was swapped for a Lee or Clark it isn't an issue to me.

Johnson would be my only definite name on the sheet, otherwise any mix of the others is fine.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lee, Johnson, McDonald, Hauritz.

[/England-fan]

In all fairness, the attack you'd want could conceivably change according to what the pitch is like which, regardless of what any groundsman may say days in advance, can still not honestly be known.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hilfenhaus-Siddle-Johnson-Hauritz
Spinners alliance eh :p

I'd play four quicks. Truth be told, there's not a lot to choose between the five of them, so it doesn't matter a great deal who misses out. But I'd probably go for Johnson, Clark, Hilfenhaus and Lee. I don't care that Siddle is the incumbent or has done nothing to deserve being dropped. Lee's a better bowler, so I'd pick him. Only by a whisker, mind.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Spinners alliance eh :p

I'd play four quicks. Truth be told, there's not a lot to choose between the five of them, so it doesn't matter a great deal who misses out. But I'd probably go for Johnson, Clark, Hilfenhaus and Lee. I don't care that Siddle is the incumbent or has done nothing to deserve being dropped. Lee's a better bowler, so I'd pick him. Only by a whisker, mind.
If I thought that Ponting had faith in the other spin options, I'd be happy to choose the four quicks. However, there's too much reliance on taking early wickets, and I think that it showed in the second innings, and this surface will be a fair bit flatter.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I thought that Ponting had faith in the other spin options, I'd be happy to choose the four quicks. However, there's too much reliance on taking early wickets, and I think that it showed in the second innings, and this surface will be a fair bit flatter.
There was a solid opening stand of 58 and they still bowled England out for less than they had at any stage in any other game this series. What did you think demonstrated a reliance on taking early wickets?