• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So....what happens next?

What will happen at the Oval?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pup11

International Coach
Under no circumstances should it ever be that, and if it ever is it's bloody disappointing.

Applies to any series which is one-one going into the final match TBH, but more so than ever when there's a trophy at stake and the home side is trying to win it back. Under said circumstances a draw should always be made as close to impossible as can ever be the case.
I agree with what you are saying, but the state of the Oval pitch definitely doesn't help in ensuring that a result takes place.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can bet your house Clark will be gone, Hauritz is a shoe in for this test.

Although that's not necessarily a good thing as Hauritz's batting may come in handy when Australia collapses/makes a subpar score in the first innings.
Is Hauritz really that much better than Clark with the bat? I'm pretty sure Clark just beat Hauritz's highest score for the series in one innings.

Anyway, I see a draw. Australian batting is too strong.

Debris

International 12th Man
Is Hauritz really that much better than Clark with the bat? I'm pretty sure Clark just beat Hauritz's highest score for the series in one innings.

Anyway, I see a draw. Australian batting is too strong.
Clark's batting has always been underestimated a bit. Probably because he thinks a block is something you put under a car.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I agree with what you are saying, but the state of the Oval pitch definitely doesn't help in ensuring that a result takes place.
Yeah, that's what I mean by people doing everything in their power with what they have to work with. If a draw is near-certain, then you just need to try to grass it crazily, to make sure even if we get a ridiculously high-scoring second-innings, that 20 first-innings wickets have fallen so quickly that a result is unavoidable.

As I say, suppressing a flat pitch is far from easy and can require drastic measures, but it's possible. Even Andy Roberts at the ARG managed it.