• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This is pathetic form... if true

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Read a full article on the issue, where the leader of the Fanatics actually said that he doesn't condone the behaviour at all, and it was pretty clear that the "We're doing our bit for Australia" was pretty tongue in cheek.

However, still think it's bloody poor form. Would be filthy if I were an English player.

Pigeon

Banned
Read a full article on the issue, where the leader of the Fanatics actually said that he doesn't condone the behaviour at all, and it was pretty clear that the "We're doing our bit for Australia" was pretty tongue in cheek.

However, still think it's bloody poor form. Would be filthy if I were an English player.
Tongue in cheek? That would be bloody irresponsible behaviour. These guys must be locked up and never permitted to tour England again.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, FTR Fanatics are amongst the worst blokes in Australia. Don't know of anyone who is a part of them, or who likes them.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
The Fanatics arent just a disgrace to cricket, they're a disgrace in every sporting event they turn up to.

England should put them on the next plane home ...

On 2nd thought you guys can keep them.

Pigeon

Banned
The Fanatics arent just a disgrace to cricket, they're a disgrace in every sporting event they turn up to.

England should put them on the next plane home ...

On 2nd thought you guys can keep them.
in lieu for Bell and Bopara and added condition that Clark stay back. After all he is not an Australian :ph34r:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, FTR Fanatics are amongst the worst blokes in Australia. Don't know of anyone who is a part of them, or who likes them.
What's worse is that some of them get paid to be part of it by Tennis Australia (and probably by CA as well, given that they're following the cricket team around as well)

The cringe factor associated with some of these guys and parts of the Barmy Army is enormous

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, would back the public drowning of every member of the Fanatics, regardless of whether this is true or not.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Most of the time they are just loud supporters, which is fine.

To me it does sound like something one of them might do as a dare after a night of drinking.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

Thought it was pretty funny when I first read about it myself. Obviously not ideal preparation for a first morning for the English team though. Prior said he thought it affected their performance the first morning. Can only assume they were still tired the next afternoon when they again collapsed to 82/5 :ph34r:

It probably shouldn't happen though. Cue the same thing for the Aussies before the next match in retaliation.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Yes, The Fanatics are a pack of morons. The Barmy Army are too, incidentally, but I don't think they've done anything this dire (if indeed they did; some are probably narcissistic/stupid/shameless enough to claim credit for it regardless of whether they did it or not).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They didn't do it.

Heard the bloke who organises them on radio. They were coming back from a night out and were walking past the England team hotel when they saw everyone had been evacuated.

They apparently made up that they did it to wind the Poms up. Apparently it started because a female guest (not Stuart Broad, another one) left her undies drying near a heater in a bathroom, and they started to smoulder, setting off the alarm.

Fanatics still douchebags imo, but not guilty on this occasion.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:

Thought it was pretty funny when I first read about it myself. Obviously not ideal preparation for a first morning for the English team though. Prior said he thought it affected their performance the first morning. Can only assume they were still tired the next afternoon when they again collapsed to 82/5 :ph34r:

It probably shouldn't happen though. Cue the same thing for the Aussies before the next match in retaliation.
Worst post I've read from a good poster this year. Pathetic.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
They didn't do it.

Heard the bloke who organises them on radio. They were coming back from a night out and were walking past the England team hotel when they saw everyone had been evacuated.

They apparently made up that they did it to wind the Poms up. Apparently it started because a female guest (not Stuart Broad, another one) left her undies drying near a heater in a bathroom, and they started to smoulder, setting off the alarm.

Fanatics still douchebags imo, but not guilty on this occasion.
A case of "liar liar pants on fire"?

Anyhow relieved to hear that it's not true, it would have left a nastier taste in the mouth than a murray mint, that's for sure.