cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Mark Ramprakash

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Would not be suprised if Bell makes some runs, he will not make a match winning contribution but he is perfectly capable of making a decent looking 50 before getting out. I am not saying that he should be in the side but can see the logic in England retaining him.
    Yeah but surely that describes his career? Always doing just enough to introduce doubt into the 'should we drop him?' selection discussion. How many of his runs have seriously contributed to Test wins? That question when applied to him vs, say, Marcus Trescothick (who'll likely end up with an inferior record to Bell) is pretty damning.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Yeah he's a batting apologist. Walks out with a look on his face that reads like "I'm sorry fellas, I know I'm being a nuisance here...I'll try to get out of your way as soon as possible". Then, if he makes it through the first 8-10 runs briefly looks determined before getting to around 40-50 and then realising that he's imposing terribly on the bowling side by hanging around for so long and would be best served getting out now so everyone can sleep a little easier that night.

A true gentleman it would seem.
    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

"There's more chance of SoC making a good post than Smith averaging 99.95." - Furball

"**** you're such a **** poster." - Furball

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Yeah but surely that describes his career?
    Of course it does. He's been moreorless exactly the same throughout it. Bell is damn good at ramming home the advantage, and not too bad at holding off, temporarily, another team getting hold of it. He's not a bad batsman. But nor is he an especially good one. However, it's a very legitimate question over whether anyone else will do any better. Clearly, in continuing to pick him, the selectors are answering that they think not.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Yeah but surely that describes his career? Always doing just enough to introduce doubt into the 'should we drop him?' selection discussion. How many of his runs have seriously contributed to Test wins? That question when applied to him vs, say, Marcus Trescothick (who'll likely end up with an inferior record to Bell) is pretty damning.
    Yes it does descrbie his career and as I said I do not think he should really be in the side but he tends to give the selectors (who do not like making changes) just enough to keep him envolved, especially with the lack of alternatives. He stopped doing that for a while after his big score against South Africa giving them no option but to drop him but I would not be all that surprised if he makes enough runs to be around for a few more years yet

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    You think Bell will end up averaging over 44? Honestly would be very surprised if he did without fixing that conversion rate somewhat.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Yeah he's a batting apologist. Walks out with a look on his face that reads like "I'm sorry fellas, I know I'm being a nuisance here...I'll try to get out of your way as soon as possible". Then, if he makes it through the first 8-10 runs briefly looks determined before getting to around 40-50 and then realising that he's imposing terribly on the bowling side by hanging around for so long and would be best served getting out now so everyone can sleep a little easier that night.

A true gentleman it would seem.
    Tbf, for some bizarre reason he always gets off the mark with an unspeakably glorious stroke.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Indeed, that is very true. Reminds me a little bit of Mark Waugh tbh in terms of how easy on the eye they look whether they play their shots or look clueless.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information