• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
The pitch suits that type of bowler right now but not sure he would be the most dangerous weapon once uneven bounce comes into play on day 3, 4.
If that's the case Stuart Clark should be deadly, if Flintoff pitches it up he could be dangerous too, but that's a fairly rare occurrence.

I still don't think Hauritz should have been picked but I would have liked to have seen Lee over Siddle, impossible after Headingley mind.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
So fantastic seeing line and length bowlers go about their work. Exactly what the Australian Test Attack should be about.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No surprises to see the batsman doing themselves in again. England are given a rank flat wicket and still contrive to **** up.
Yeah. No one to blame but themselves. Australia hasn't done much wrong though, it must be said.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
England would have been aiming at 400 (min) but now even 300 looks far off.

One centurion all series is absolutely pathetic.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If that's the case Stuart Clark should be deadly, if Flintoff pitches it up he could be dangerous too, but that's a fairly rare occurrence.

I still don't think Hauritz should have been picked but I would have liked to have seen Lee over Siddle, impossible after Headingley mind.
Yeah I would have liked Lee playing as well. Stuart Clark wouldn't be deadly enough as he is not getting any life out of the surface. He has been the weakest bowler on display today of the four pace bowlers.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Betfair now has Australia favourites over the draw.
Always looked the likelier result once Strauss was out. Given how crap our middle order are, I suppose we should be grateful for 96 from Bell & Colly combined, but no other proper test side would let it slip like this.

And it also needs to be said that Siddle is providing a decent lesson on what we expect from an opening bowler coming back in the afternoon / post tea sessions when there's nothing in the pitch. Any chance of our guys taking note?

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
Well another failure for Bell here. This is why test averages rarely mean anything because pretty 72's when you do all the hard work and get in rarely win games. Story of his career really.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm, on the plus side it's 70-odd more then I thought he'd get.

C'mon, big partnership this, need substantially more then this before the bowlers come in. All the wickets down to piss-poor batting. Classic England:@

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
In case no one's noticed, Murray Goodwin has put the Taunton motorway to best use, 344* off 351 (43 4s! and 6 6's). Experienced middle order batsmen, successful at the international level, isn't he England qualified? Pretty sure his heart belongs to Rhodesia though, oops I meant Zimbabwe...

Lol he's only beaten his next best FC score by 9 runs (previous best 335*), not a bad player is that Goodwin bloke.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
England would have been aiming at 400 (min) but now even 300 looks far off.

One centurion all series is absolutely pathetic.
A good chunk of England' runs in this series have been scored by their lower middle order and tail, so all is hardly lost for them, and then not forget, Aussie bowlers are usually pretty ****e when it comes to mopping the tail up.

kingkallis

International Coach
This is poor effort from England...

After 42nd over : England 166/2

After 56th over : England 181/4

15 runs in 14 overs - WOW!