• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
It's not ideal for any one except spinners but I have a feeling Flintoff will get wickets. The pitch wont remain as easy to bat on as it is on day 1. There is bound to be uneven bounce by day 3 given that it is already crumbling.
I dunno, I reckon your Jerome Taylor, Lasith Malinga, possibly Steyn and dare I say Brett Lee would be reasonably suited to this surface. You want someone quick and skiddy who can reverse it.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe he has, hes batted well against rubbish bowling and looked pathetic against good bowling. If he continues to get good bowling, he will struggle to get runs in international cricket, simple as that. Bowling short and too his strengths is hardly likely to get him out.
Difference being once North has gotten in he's looked pretty good. Bell manages to look scratchy most of the time he's there.

Most batsmen will struggle if the bowling is good.

North himself said he changed his approach somewhat in the last test and he looked a lot more assured. England did help by bowling a lot of ****, but the only time he looked like getting out was when he tonked Broad down that outfielder's throat. You have to ask if he's so poor, why didn't anyone else cash in on the bad bowling to the same extent?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It was a valid point. People were suspecting he will be out for the last four hours but he has been proving every one wrong today.
So what? I would hardly say "I expect he might be out soon" if he had been dismissed 2 hours ago would I?

Son Of Coco

It was a valid point. People were suspecting he will be out for the last four hours but he has been proving every one wrong today.
Not really, some of us have been saying he hangs around occasionally but rarely looks like he'll stay in.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Just awoke from a quick power nap to find that Ian Bell is still batting. Did I miss a blue moon whilst I slept or something?

Son Of Coco

Just awoke from a quick power nap to find that Ian Bell is still batting. Did I miss a blue moon whilst I slept or something?
Australia refused to bowl to him on the grounds that he is really a woman. They're doing genetic testing during the tea break.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I dunno, I reckon your Jerome Taylor, Lasith Malinga, possibly Steyn and dare I say Brett Lee would be reasonably suited to this surface. You want someone quick and skiddy who can reverse it.
The pitch suits that type of bowler right now but not sure he would be the most dangerous weapon once uneven bounce comes into play on day 3, 4.

King Pietersen

International Captain
That is an awful, awful cricket shot. I was really hoping he'd turn a 50 into a hundred, not to be. Going to need a massive partnership from Prior and Trott now.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
What a guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Why play at that though Bell?

Would like to hear Barney Rubble's thoughts.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Urgh, there's no uglier sight than Peter Siddle taking a wicket. Horrible, horrible Orcish looking man.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No surprises to see the batsman doing themselves in again. England are given a rank flat wicket and still contrive to **** up.