• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
In my dreams I'd go with

1.Strauss

A few odd decisions but a top batsman and a decent if somewhat unimaginative skipper

2.Trescothick

Surely he can be persuaded to play one "no strings attached remember '05 Marcus" more time?

3.Trott

I think there is something about the South African psyche

4.Ramprakash

At the Oval and with the country behind him - he's got ITB's scriptwriter

5.Collingwood

Deserves to stay - as long as he can sit in the middle order in relative anonymity he's fine

6. Prior

Proved his critics wrong in both his disciplines

7.Flintoff

Must play if he's remotely close to being fit for pshchological effect alone

8. Swann

Best we've got

9. Sidebottom

In form and in as the Burnley Express has blown a gasket

10.Harmison

His last test - he knows the scriptwriter too

11. Onions

Been quite impressed with him - better option than Broad to take wickets

When a dream XI is as bad as that you know your team has problems.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'd go with the team Fred proposed tbh, problem is, if Trescothick came back and got a duck in both innings then it would be awful, and not entirely inprobable.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The main reason to bring Tresco back is that he is the master of the mint saliva, would be worth it for Burgey's reaction alone, would be something like this FTR:

:blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bell, Bopara, Harmison out. Trott, Key, Flintoff in.

Providing he can play, it will be Freddie's last Test match. Century and a 5fer, please.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Strauss saying calm and not to panic that means just Flintoff in for Harmison and then maybe at a stretch Bopara out and Trott in, nothing more than that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't care how unfit Flintoff is. As long as he can walk. he plays the next Test.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Bell, Bopara, Harmison out. Trott, Key, Flintoff in.

Providing he can play, it will be Freddie's last Test match. Century and a 5fer, please.
Haha, if Freddie wins England the match then he will be totally immortalised.

Any news on the fitness of Anderson? Looked pretty bad out in the field the other day, WAG for getting some runs again though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any news on the fitness of Anderson? Looked pretty bad out in the field the other day, WAG for getting some runs again though.
Haha, he'll play, there's nothing wrong with him. Bowled poo and got smashed and started holding his leg and limping like Nic Bendtner when he's just fallen over in front of an open net.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I reckon Bell will, tbh
Yeah me too, don't think the selectors will have the balls to axe him after 4 innings, even though they really ought to. Will go with the "he deserves a proper chance to showcase himself" attitude, ignoring the fact that he has been very poor for a long time now and has played dreadfully in the two matches this series.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He's only played three innings tbf. But yeah, had a stinker here, he was the one to fall after the last shocking collapse, don't think they'll scapegoat him again.