• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Almost resigned to the fact that Ramps will get called up, sad state ENG cricket is in. So 3-5 will likely be:

Key
Ramps
Trott

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ha, oh yea forgot Colly. Well no Trott (although he was picked intially). Dont like Trott's Technique for a top 4 position, much rather Key &...... Ramps *sighs*

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
all in favour of Ramprakesh personally also would like to see Trott feature..Key im not very sure on...but he seems the best for the job..although recalling Trescothick would be a good call imho

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
all in favour of Ramprakesh personally also would like to see Trott feature..Key im not very sure on...but he seems the best for the job..although recalling Trescothick would be a good call imho
I agree. I'd like to see them pick these two guys too:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marty would be worth his weight in gold at short leg.

*bowler is in delivery stride*

"Hey Ponting, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!?!!!"

*Ponting looks, middle stump cartwheels*

Biff would be handy as a quick enforcer too; I'd back Watto to fall for the shoelace gag at least twice.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

FFS @ Bell. Probably the only (and completely boneheaded) way of getting rid of him was for him to get out again cheaply.

As I've said many times before it's irrelevant how good Bell does at FC level, he should have to prove his mentality has improved to make him worth a go at Test cricket - something he hasn't done, but the selectors were dumb enough to pick him again anyway with predictable results.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
FFS @ Bell. Probably the only (and completely boneheaded) way of getting rid of him was for him to get out again cheaply.

As I've said many times before it's irrelevant how good Bell does at FC level, he should have to prove his mentality has improved to make him worth a go at Test cricket - something he hasn't done, but the selectors were dumb enough to pick him again anyway with predictable results.
How do you show improved mentality though? I guess you could at least say these runs are runs under pressure.

Scaly piscine

In this instance the pressure has been taken off him somewhat by his two batting partners both scoring quickly. It is quite a comfortable situation in terms of he can just bat how he likes, if say now you had a flurry of wickets and it gets to the 5 down then the pressure starts turning on him as he's the main man and you're at the tipping point in the game. Obviously for all we know he could have had a few lives already, but that's the sort of thing the ECB has to take note of. They have to look at how he plays when it's a tough situation and he has to put a performance in to give the team a realistic chance - does he make teams really earn his wicket, or does he just keep getting out in a soft/nervous nicker manner. This season he's just continued to flat track bully and get out cheaply when it's a backs to the wall situation.