• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

tooextracool

International Coach
Why should we declare? Theres still well over 2 days left in this game. Time is really not an issue at the moment. The later Australia bat, the more the pitch will have worn.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Interesting that 4 of the highest ever run chases were in the noughties; scores are going up so more runs the better IMHO.

Swann clearly agrees. Having a swing. 12 off last over before tea. :cool:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
then england should win this one & so far wel played england
they have bounced back twice in this series
after 1st test & after 4th test
& if a team can bounce back twice in a series, it should be on thw winning side i guess

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fuming at the fact the part-timer has bowled twice as many overs as the others. If I hear from pundits/selectors that they got selection right this Test, going to scream.

Imagine the scenario with Hauritz AND North bowling in tandem on this deck. Aus also essentially start the next innings 0.75 down because after bowling this many overs and any others he'll have to bowl, I wouldn't back North to score many.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Fuming at the fact the part-timer has bowled twice as many overs as the others. If I hear from pundits/selectors that they got selection right this Test, going to scream.

Imagine the scenario with Hauritz AND North bowling in tandem on this deck. Aus also essentially start the next innings 0.75 down because after bowling this many overs and any others he'll have to bowl, I wouldn't back North to score many.
Too right, can understand your frustration tbh.

North 29.0 4 86 4
How dire is that, I mean, most front line bowlers don't bowl that much in a lot of innings, and it look's like he'll get through a fair few more by the time the day is up. Good for him for holding his head up, getting on with it and doing a good job, seems like a good bloke, and I really like him as a cricketer, but it is a tactical own goal by Australia, he should never been put in this sort of position.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Too right, can understand your frustration tbh.

How dire is that, I mean, most front line bowlers don't bowl that much in a lot of innings, and it look's like he'll get through a fair few more by the time the day is up. Good for him for holding his head up, getting on with it and doing a good job, seems like a good bloke, and I really like him as a cricketer, but it is a tactical own goal by Australia, he should never been put in this sort of position.
Couldn't agree more with this. Really impressed with the job Norfy is doing for us, but he should never, ever have had to do it.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some knob on TMS trotting out the usual bollocks in defence of the ticket prices. Really pisses me off when they say what great value the cheapest available price of £55 is.