• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
It doesn't exactly fill me with extreme confidence of bowling Australia out if Broad can smash through the line like that though.

inbox24

International Debutant
We should just pack the leg side and bowl left arm inswingers to Broad all day. That'll keep him down.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can see what North's trying to do, but at least one more of those should've been wided.

Something about his bowling tho. Certainly the best of the part-time twirlers Oz have, damning him with faint praise as that may be.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
He was used as front-line spinner by Gloucestershire. But that is same county which uses Hamish Marshall as a bowler and bats James Franklin top four.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, North has bowled morethan double the amount of overs than any of the other Aussie bowlers bar Siddle.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well fitting way for the "new Flintoff" to fall I guess. I think they've clearly been told to tonk runs in any ol' fashion, so fair play to 'em I suppose, Swann won't be any different, I'm certain.

JBH001

International Regular
Well fitting way for the "new Flintoff" to fall I guess. I think they've clearly been told to tonk runs in any ol' fashion, so fair play to 'em I suppose, Swann won't be any different, I'm certain.
Yeah, but may also be the nature of the wicket. Better to be positive and go for runs rather than adopt a conservative approach and then find an eventual ball spitting at you - to echo Warney, still, wish that attacking approach was tempered with better shot selectivity. I'd also like Trott to score a hundred, reckon Swann should do his best to stick with him, and then they can go hell for leather as much as they want.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think Trott has performed really admirably tbh, for a new player come into the side, he has shown superb maturity and control to play two very calm and controlled innings. Not only the amount of runs scored, but he has occupied the crease for two lengthy periods of time which has been crucial. Were it not for the excellent piece of fielding by Katich in the first innings he would have probably gone on to get a fair few more as well. I don't imagine the results from the rest of the series would have been particularly different if he had played, but he really does seem to add spine to the batting line up.

JBH001

International Regular
Well, cant stay awake anymore. Had a few drinks too many this evening and its catching up with me. Laters all.