Cricket Player Manager
Page 101 of 198 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2956
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: *Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Not sure how Cook can score runs in South Africa, given his technique. Set-up to play on nice slow, low wickets. Like Colly he will be bowled or LBW before he plays a stroke.
    You are right, he wont. Steyn and Parnell will have him in stitches. Personally, if I were selecting an England squad for SA, I would get rid of Collingwood and pick someone younger. Collingwood's time is done IMO. Cook should go, but they need to have a replacement opener on his back.

Actually, If we do go on to win the Ashes, and I was Collingwood, wouldn't be a bad idea to call time on your test career either.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Looks a decent pitch to baton at the moment
    Did it not always though? There's all this talk about the pitch, but will someone please tell me which of those Aussie batsmen were got out by the pitch? Two were got out by the umpire, Broad got a few out, and a few others got themselves out. I stand by what I said earlier- the pitch isn't playing nicely but it's not doing anything that will make someone lose their wicket, especially against the seamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Alfresco View Post
    non-tubbing?
    non-bathing
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Did it not always though? There's all this talk about the pitch, but will someone please tell me which of those Aussie batsmen were got out by the pitch? Two were got out by the umpire, Broad got a few out, and a few others got themselves out. I stand by what I said earlier- the pitch isn't playing nicely but it's not doing anything that will make someone lose their wicket, especially against the seamers.
    I was just making my comment being a disappointed Australian supporter. England bowled well, I was hoping Australia would be bowling well and they aren't doing much at all.

BTW anyone else sick of MClarke's 6-9, I can't remember another bowler have his best test bowling figures talked about so much.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Over 0.2: Putland to Nevill, OUT, no run, full ball swings in late to crash into his pads. Nevill is almost falling over trying to get bat on it but can't. Huge shout for LBW and Umpire Martell eventually raises the finger! P.Nevill - lbw b:Putland 0 (1 ball, 1 minute).

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    World cricket is very interesting right now.

Aus, Ind, Sa and Eng definetley form the upper tier with none of the sides having a massive advantage.. SL is another side side that can threaten the upper tier especially at home. Pakistan is a team I am unsure about, if some of the younger lot develop nicely they could be another Lanka which threatens at home (provided we play at home) other wise they can form a nice little group with NZ and Wi.
    I am not sure if Eng could be added to the top tier. I don't fancy their attack on pitches that aren't helpful. They have decidedly looked ordinary in a few tests in the Ashes. They need to get their batting right. Seems to live and die with Strauss and the tail-enders. They will come in the middle tier but below Srilanka, who I believe should do well now they have an attack beyond Murali.

Australia to draw this 9 down late on day five, with the help of some fat niff-nuff physio running out some gloves and a drink two overs in a row.

Ooops.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

9 more wickets to go
    Aussie Aussie Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Would say a few of Swann's turned a heap for day two, but not so much a big deal for the quicks, I agree.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Was just a matter of time.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Daym this stupid Norhth, he wil b the death off us .
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

**** off VB! So sick of your ****ty ads.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Disgusted. In two horrendous sessions we've gifted the Ashes over.
    ★★★★★

Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    You are right, he wont. Steyn and Parnell will have him in stitches.
    Overall yea i agree Cook will have stuggles in SA. But i wont be hyping Parnell just yet, he has only looked good in T20s & ODIs. We dont even know if he can swing the red-bal & this presuming he gets picked as well for the tests..

Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    Personally, if I were selecting an England squad for SA, I would get rid of Collingwood and pick someone younger. Collingwood's time is done IMO. Cook should go, but they need to have a replacement opener on his back.

Actually, If we do go on to win the Ashes, and I was Collingwood, wouldn't be a bad idea to call time on your test career either.
    You are always so down on Collingwood yo. He has is issues no doubt, but he still remains the 3rd best batsmen we have behind KP/Struass. Their is no one better in county cricket that can replace him ATM.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    I hope we keep playing positively.

Thread Information