Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravi Bopara - another pretender?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    He's looked horrendous. Odd, because his century on day one at Lord's against the West Indies was in tougher conditions and against better bowling than he'd had to face from the Aussies before yesterday. Maybe he can be given another shot some time but I don't think you can have him in the team currently playing the way he is.

Shouldn't have played this Test and should only play the next if we're 2-0 up (which is of course a big ask)

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I know it's not an exact science, but for each of the counties, their number 3 (either current match or most recent match) is as follows:

Derbyshire - Park, typical county pro in his mid 20s, mid 30's career average, low 30's average this season.
    Durham - Smith, typical county pro in his mid 20s, low 30's career and seasonal average.
    Essex - Westley, 20 year old, mid 20's career average, maybe in a few years he'll progress beyond typical county pro.
    Glamorgan - Powell, typical county pro in his early/mid 30s, low 40's career and seasonal average.
    Gloucestershire - Marshall (batted 4 behind a nightwatchman), not qualified.
    Hampshire - Crawley, nearly 38 and declining.
    Kent - Jones, tried and failed, rated very highly in the Corrin household, but not in many other places.
    Lancashire - Loye, typical county pro in his mid/late 30s, low 40's career average.
    Leicestershire - Dippenaar, not qualified.
    Middlesex - Shah, tried and failed, rated very highly in the Shah household, but not in many other places.
    Northamptonshire - White, typical county pro in his late 20s, mid 30's career average, high 20's average this season.
    Nottinghamshire - Wagh, typical county pro in his early/mid 30s, high 30's career and seasonal average.
    Somerset - Langer, not qualified.
    Surrey - Ramprakash. Nuff said.
    Sussex - Joyce, played international one day cricket before. Mid 40's career and seasonal average. Hadn't realised he was already 30, but still has 3 or 4 years in him potentially.
    Warwickshire - Troughton, typical county pro in his early 30s, high 30's career and seasonal average.
    Worcestershire - Solanki, typical county pro in his early/mid 30s, high 30's career and high 40's seasonal average.
    Yorkshire - McGrath, typical county pro in his early/mid 30s, high 30's career and seasonal average.

So the cupboard isn't bare, but if it were my cupboard I'd be off down the supermarket to get some more provisions in PDQ.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    I know it's not an exact science, but for each of the counties, their number 3 (either current match or most recent match) is as follows:

Derbyshire - Park, typical county pro in his mid 20s, mid 30's career average, low 30's average this season.
    Durham - Smith, typical county pro in his mid 20s, low 30's career and seasonal average.
    Essex - Westley, 20 year old, mid 20's career average, maybe in a few years he'll progress beyond typical county pro.
    Glamorgan - Powell, typical county pro in his early/mid 30s, low 40's career and seasonal average.
    Gloucestershire - Marshall (batted 4 behind a nightwatchman), not qualified.
    Hampshire - Crawley, nearly 38 and declining.
    Kent - Jones, tried and failed, rated very highly in the Corrin household, but not in many other places.
    Lancashire - Loye, typical county pro in his mid/late 30s, low 40's career average.
    Leicestershire - Dippenaar, not qualified.
    Middlesex - Shah, tried and failed, rated very highly in the Shah household, but not in many other places.
    Northamptonshire - White, typical county pro in his late 20s, mid 30's career average, high 20's average this season.
    Nottinghamshire - Wagh, typical county pro in his early/mid 30s, high 30's career and seasonal average.
    Somerset - Langer, not qualified.
    Surrey - Ramprakash. Nuff said.
    Sussex - Joyce, played international one day cricket before. Mid 40's career and seasonal average. Hadn't realised he was already 30, but still has 3 or 4 years in him potentially.
    Warwickshire - Troughton, typical county pro in his early 30s, high 30's career and seasonal average.
    Worcestershire - Solanki, typical county pro in his early/mid 30s, high 30's career and high 40's seasonal average.
    Yorkshire - McGrath, typical county pro in his early/mid 30s, high 30's career and seasonal average.

So the cupboard isn't bare, but if it were my cupboard I'd be off down the supermarket to get some more provisions in PDQ.
    As you say, not bare but a horrible indictment of standards in the CC. The other thing to bear in mind is openers who could do a job at 3. But I can see why people are pushing for Joyce based on the above.

Joyce seems like the only option. If in doubt, bring in someone who isn't English.

Ireland is the same country as England in cricket IIRC

Oh yeah!

We play you guys on the 27th at Stormont. Tickets are a horrendously overpriced 35, and we'll probably get stuffed. But I'll inevitably go anyway because on the off-chance that we beat England I refuse to miss it.

Please pick Eoin Morgan too.

Is it televised?

I don't know. Probably not. Can't remember a non-WC/Wt20 game involving Ireland being televised before.

Is it not an ODI though? Sky pretty much show all England ODIs

Yeah, it is. Hopefully they'll show it then.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Can you do us a favour and get on the next plane to England and tell Shane Warne that? He is almost becoming OCD on talking about how Bopara is batting out of position.
    Warne probably means he should be batting 11
    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

"There's more chance of SoC making a good post than Smith averaging 99.95." - Furball

"**** you're such a **** poster." - Furball

If we want another pretender maybe Chrisse Hynde?
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    If we want another pretender maybe Chrisse Hynde?
    Occasionally thought she had a passing resemblance to Jeff Thomson.

Cricket Spectator
    After Bopara just went first ball i think it would be stupid playing him in the final test.
    Denly, Joyce, Carberry, Trott, there plenty potential replacements.
    We need double centuries from Bell and Cook now lol.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information