• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonathan Trott

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I suppose that near enough every single other player in both squads so far has his own individual thread. It's just so silly that it's come to Trott being called-up, I suppose, that's so outrageous.
I thought you rated him?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
This selection just shows how bare the cupboard is. One injury means a return to Bell and the need for an extra batsman ends up with someone that a lot of avid cricket followers know nothing about (judging by TEC's confession).

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Headline if he scores well;

'Trott gives England the runs - and don't they love it'

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought you rated him?
Just because I rate a batsman doesn't mean I think he should play at every given moment in time.

FTR think he's a superb OD batsman and should've been playing from the moment he was available, and a pretty decent FC one who might be a Test prospect. But others should be ahead of him at this moment in time.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Haha and what did SA get in return? Me..

He's got a very English accent for mine though, and doesn't sound put on like Pietersen's.. He'll do well and should have been playing for England long before scraps like Bopara were picked up..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haha and what did SA get in return? Me..

He's got a very English accent for mine though, and doesn't sound put on like Pietersen's.. He'll do well and should have been playing for England long before scraps like Bopara were picked up..
Naaah. Sounds pretty clearly SA to my ears, although it's not as strong as KP's. Imagine that's because English is his first langauge and KP's is Afrikans tho.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Naaah. Sounds pretty clearly SA to my ears, although it's not as strong as KP's. Imagine that's because English is his first langauge and KP's is Afrikans tho.
Yeah it's clear where he's from, but he's got stacks of English in his accent.. Clearly way too much to have a hope of scoring any runs..

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely slaughtered by Jack Bannister on Talk Sport yesterday for having a technique totally unsuited to Test cricket.
So relieved that I don't have to put up with his drivel these days, unless I'm forced to listen to TalkSport in the back of a cab, with its pearls of cricketing wisdom from experts such as Jack Bannister and Ian Wright.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Whatever happens in this game, it's nice to see Ricky Ponting's words rammed down his throat. The selectors' "act of desperation" appears to have paid off pretty well...
Strange thing for Ponting to say, really. Replacing a bloke who hasn't made a score in 4 tests seems less desperation than common sense to me. Especially as the replacement is averaging nigh on 100 an innings for the season.

Bringing back Ramps would've looked more like desperation, although I still reckon he'd have scored more than Bell or Collingwood had he played.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
With Trott playing the role which effectively Collingwood is in the team for much more effectively than Collingwood himself, one has to wonder how long Collingwood can last in the team, as Trott is now clearly undroppable, and rightfully so. Bell is unlikely to be dropped either, rightly or wrongly, and that leaves very little space for poor old Colly once Pietersen is fit, which fortunately for him won't be for a while, so he will probably get the chance to play himself back into contention. If he is not in the side by this time next year, I would not be surprised.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Oh come on - why in the world can't we have Pietersen - Trott - Collingwood as a middle order?