• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Headingley

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:laugh:

In the nets after the game?
Jimmeh will stick with him for a bit. Then Broad, buoyed by his 6fer, will score his maiden ton, and get out shortly before tea. Graeme Swann will then bat for the rest of the day with Prior, Prior finishing on 201* and Swann on 86*. This will leave us 130 ahead with two days left. Game on. I am telling you!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Meh, he probably wouldn't have scored many, and as wpdavid said, you almost deserve those decisions when you bat as badly as we have done. But you never know, he might have come out and stayed in.

pasag

RTDAS
Live, the main problem was the line. Looked way outside off. Don't see why many English would complain though, would you rather him go on and make an almost meaningless ton and secure his spot for the next five years?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Live, the main problem was the line. Looked way outside off. Don't see why many English would complain though, would you rather him go on and make an almost meaningless ton and secure his spot for the next five years?
Might have batted long enough to set you a target :ph34r:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jimmeh will stick with him for a bit. Then Broad, buoyed by his 6fer, will score his maiden ton, and get out shortly before tea. Graeme Swann will then bat for the rest of the day with Prior, Prior finishing on 201* and Swann on 86*. This will leave us 130 ahead with two days left. Game on. I am telling you!
Hahaha. Swann will get hit 8 times by Siddle in the first two overs before being knocked out by a searing Johnson bouncer which splits the dimple on his chin ruling him out of filming 'Roger Ramjet: The Movie' once The Ashes are over. Anderson will get run out in the third over of the day when Prior calls him through for a quick single. Prior gone dropping his bat trying to slog sweep Hilfenhaus and being judged out caught behind when it catches his glove on the way through to the keeper. The sun shining off his head blinding the umpire. Broad will come out to bat in lipstick and a summer dress, and will retire hurt when some biting comments from the close in fielders cause his mascara to run and his period to come on a week earlier than expected.

Craig

World Traveller
His story of how he rang up T Hohns and asked to go to the spin camp in India at his own expense is a lesson in being proactive if there ever was one. What a huge effect that trip may have played in his career and therefore the last decade of Australian test cricket.
That story is about as old as Richie Benaud's "Be there at the end" tale of what Ricky Ponting told Andrew Symonds in Jo'burg in the 2003 World Cup.

inbox24

International Debutant
Fully expecting a big contribution from Priapism and the tail enders today, won't be an easy task taking these last 5 wickets. Hopefully our guys can prove me wrong.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not complaining, in fact I think I said something like it was for the greater good at the time. & not the worst decision ever, but quite a poor one for me.

Always happier when an ump errs in favour of a not out rather than a dismissal. Should be 100% sure and I don't reckon there was any way Rauf could've been.

We've probably had more dodgy decisions in our favour than against us in the series still, but reckon we're 3-1 down in this test: Bopara, Onions & Clarke's glove versus Strauss's LBW let-off.

Not that it matters an arse in this game. Was reading that it was the first time in 120 years our 3,4 & 5 have been dismissed in single figures in both digs. That's just dire, as we say round CW way.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fully expecting a big contribution from Priapism and the tail enders today, won't be an easy task taking these last 5 wickets. Hopefully our guys can prove me wrong.
Doesn't matter if it takes 4 or 5 hours. England still won't be ahead.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Johnson's gradual comeback over the last two matches has been great to watch. His spell last night just before stumps was reminiscent of South Africa.
Agreed but you reckon it's probably come at the cost of some selectorial goodwill. Taking 3 Tests to get up to standard, let alone bowl well, you get the feeling won't happen again, especially if there's other options knocking on the door.

As it stands, the Aussies are in a really good place now. Clark bowling well, Hilf keeping his form rolling, Johnson bowling with some real spite, a couple of batters in top, top form, others with decent scores in the series and, most importantly, the momentum.