• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Headingley

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Morning all. Just back from France having missed all of Edgy and Day 1 at Leeds. What is it about Headingley that makes us so often perform like absolute drains there? Makes Lord's look like a bloody fortress tbh.

A few random thoughts. Given Anderson's recent 'world class' status, there are has been a heck of a lot of dross from him in this game. And Day 1 at Edg, actually. And England's batting sans KP to bail us out is once again horrible beyond belief. The decline in our batting over recent years is quite spectacular actually, and I don't see that the current structure of English domestic cricket helps one iota. Unless the strategy is to build the side around increasing number of disaffected saffies, which doesn't appeal to me at all. But we really havn't produced a test batsman of substance fo a very long time indeed.

Anyway, back to the misery of Leeds.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Really poor bowling from Harmison. I don't mind the idea of attempting to bounce a batsman out, but there is a difference between a 'bouncer' and just banging the ball and letting it sit up for the batsman to pull.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ABC radio has the Rugby League on instead of this. They asked for feedback via sms at half time. I sent them this:

"Everyone hates the Bulldogs and Canberra can't make the finals. Put the cricket on FFS".

Wonder if they'll read it out?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, but you tend to get the luck you deserve: any side that bats and bowls as we did yesterday deserves naff all from the gods of cricket afaics.
Yeah, agree with that. Need a wicket as soon as if we are to have any chance of staying in this.

Where is everyone by the way?? Quietest a thread has been all series.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, agree with that. Need a wicket as soon as if we are to have any chance of staying in this.

Where is everyone by the way?? Quietest a thread has been all series.
Game is over, probably out shopping with the G/F/wife. I would be as well but she isn't with me.