• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Headingley

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they maintain this rate, Australia won't be far short of 400 by stumps. :laugh:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really good pitch for test cricket, shame England have already lost the match could have been an excellent game.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah when they feed him to his strengths. Hes done well, but hes pulled his way out off it. I think Watson has batted better to be honest.
Yeah I was just commenting on his absolute mastery of the pull shot more than anything else. Really amazing to watch when people bowl short to him, regardless of the surface or the circumstances.

tooextracool

International Coach
Yeah I was just commenting on his absolute mastery of the pull shot more than anything else. Really amazing to watch when people bowl short to him, regardless of the surface or the circumstances.
He is indeed. Dont think I've ever seen anyone play the stroke better. Would think that after 15 years people would have realized not to bowl even the slightest bit short to him but it baffles me that they continue to do so.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yep. Full and outside off to Ponting. Don't bowl on his pads and don't bowl short. He'll drive you on the up for four a fair bit but you'll also get him out, which you generally won't bowling anywhere else. Hard to believe people haven't caught on.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That would have been so so dire getting run out, it's not even Tea time on the first day!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
England should have played the extra batsman and Sidebottom should have played. Every bowler is a liability, the only banker is Broad, as you know he is perpetually bad.

Now they will be going into the 5th test in dire straits, two walking wickets in the middle order and the Broad problem.

And Bell should have done better there, he had so much time.

tooextracool

International Coach
Well at least Harmison has settled into a decent rhythm here. Just need to focus on maintaining that length and the wickets will come.

Top_Cat

You'd expect Ponting to play well here, has hundreds in his previous two Tests at the ground. Ominous signs for England the way he's going. Big double on the cards, tbh.

Burgey

Think we just shaded that session :ph34r:

What a ****ing day this has been. Unbelieveable stuff. Watto great, but Punter just bossed it from the get-go. Onions' first over today, compared with his one first up on day 2 at Brum prety much sums up the difference for England