• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Headingley

tooextracool

International Coach
Not sure I understand the logic in the Australian camp. How does it make sense to drop Hauritz and still want to bat first on this pitch as Ponting suggested he would have at the toss? Unless of course he thinks that North would have been able to bowl them out in the last innings.

Last edited:

Evilhoopler

U19 12th Man
Not sure I understand the logic in the Australian camp. How does it make sense to drop Hauritz and still want to bat first on this pitch as Ponting suggested he would have at the toss? Unless of course he thinks that North would have been able to bowl them out in the last innings.
Ponting is very odd. But why was Hauritz dropped???

pup11

International Coach
Well... we could be in trouble if the pitch or the conditions don't assist the seamers, but atleast the English have helped us to a certain extent by picking the kind of XI they have picked.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
If it does crack up and fall to bits the pitch would still suit Clark, Siddle and Johnson.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Very happy to see Clark playing, dissapointed for Hauritz who has done a great job thus far in the series.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I would have dropped Siddle to bring in Clark.
It seems they really rate Siddle and are giving him this chance to assuage their doubts. Hauritz was more than fine but I think a 4 man pace attack has a lot of potential.