• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Headingley

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Oh the irony!!

The entire case for all this Swann-bashing is based on three Tests, one of which he good in. FFS.
Who said he is crap based on 3 Tests? I think he is crap because he looks crap and bowls crap. :p Him being taken and raped by Australia is just expected. Nah, he isn't bad but certainly not that good.

And worse, PhoenixFire is not only trying to say Swann is a good player, but that the WIndies line-up are great players of spin based on a few tests.

BTW, Harris or Swann?

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who said he is crap based on 3 Tests? I think he is crap because he looks crap and bowls crap. :p Him being taken and raped by Australia is just expected. Nah, he isn't bad but certainly not that good.

And worse, PhoenixFire is not only trying to say Swann is a good player, but that the WIndies line-up are great players of spin based on a few tests.

BTW, Harris or Swann?
Raped by Australia? 1-0, mate.

Uppercut

Squealing with joy, perhaps, when Michael Clarke danced past the ball to clinch a crucial 1-0 lead for England. Who are 1-0 up, did I mention that?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

BTW, Harris or Swann?
The West Indies line up are good players of spin based on their careers. Going by the tests he was referring to and only those tests alone would lead you to believe they were poor players of spin down to the fact they were quite regularly dismisssed by Swann.

Oh and Swann by a distance.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just because England arsed their way to a win doesn't mean Swann hasn't been squealing.
I see, when the stats fail you just talk **** to cover your arguments...

Swann has bowled poorly in two Tests so far, would agree. But guess what? Three bowlers in this series have had what you could consider to be a matchwinning contribution. Know what their names are? James Anderson. Andrew Flintoff. And yes, Graeme Swann. Yet somehow we "arsed" our way to victory. Give me a ****ing break.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Why are people harping on about Murali averaging 30 odd against the West Indies? In the context of two test matches in his final days on one concrete road he averages that but his career average against them including Lara is a mere 19.

JBH001

International Regular
Yeah, although Lara always, always, had the better of Murali.

But, more to the point, it really isnt an apt comparision, as Murali is on his last legs, and is too complimentary to Swann in any case.

Uppercut said he bowled a lot slower in WI on some horrible tracks and did well, and it must also be admitted that he is bowling against an Australian batting line-up which possesses some good players of spin, on some good batting decks. But its not that he has bowled well, and been played well, its that he has bowled badly, and has been nowhere near as good as he has been hyped up to be. It may a terrible thing to say of any off-spinner, but Hauritz seems to be better than him. :ph34r:

Last edited:

Burgey

Haddin is pretty much clear to play at Headingley, so that's good news, but the situation with Lee seems to be getting slightly complicated, he seems to claiming he is fit to play, but the Australian side doesn't seem too keen to pick him for the Headingley test, so this might get a bit interesting.

Lee really shouldn't play before bowling in a FC game imo. If he gets the nod over Clark, the latter has probably played his last test.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Lee really shouldn't play before bowling in a FC game imo. If he gets the nod over Clark, the latter has probably played his last test.
Both have to play. I'd prefer Bing to get a FC game definately, but AUS bowling can't afford to leave him out. Its McGrath 05 all over again..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
aussie, are you proposing four seamers (plus Watson) or that two of Siddle, Hilfenhaus & Johnson are dropped?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting squad. If Fred is indeed ruled out, I hope Sidebottom comes in for Broad and have Trott as the extra batsman. Andy Flower said no matter what Ravi will be batting at 3, so Trott if he does play he will bat 6, Prior 7.

Watch out if Trott plays for the LBW, his more onside than Ravi...
Word. Big issue with him no doubt..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie, are you proposing four seamers (plus Watson) or that two of Siddle, Hilfenhaus & Johnson are dropped?
4 seamers in Hilfy/Lee/Clark/Johnson. I'd drop Johnson personally for Sidvicious but the selectors won't so i cant live with that for this test.

Watson must not be near to bowling crease unless he aiding in catching a ball from the outfield.