• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

KP Out

MattyP

Cricket Spectator
looks like bell is the replacement - the same man who went out for 7 today, ouch. we will miss the presence of KP the most.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
I believe it's good for England. Atleast, we can learn batting without him. Hope, Strauss takes the responsibility and Bell bats as well as he has done at No.6.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Such BS. Weird thing is... we can still win without him whereas Aus would struggle hugely without Ponting (captaincy notwithstanding)
I don't think it'd impact as heavily as you'd expect on either team tbh. England have coped just fine with KP hitting Bellesque scores, I'm sure they'll be fine with the real thing. Likewise, Ponting's replacement would presumably be someone like Brad Hodge, who would score maybe 10 or 12 runs less per match on average.

Except Australia didn't bother bringing spare batsman on the tour, so if that's what you meant then you're absolutely right.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't see why everyone's so stressed about the Aussies not having a back-up opener on tour. Surely it's better to have Rogers playing for Derbyshire than sat twiddling his thumbs in the dressing room? Anyway, Watson's the back-up batsman technically, he covers the middle order slots, and MacDonald isn't exactly the worst batsman in the world either.

tooextracool

International Coach
Don't see why everyone's so stressed about the Aussies not having a back-up opener on tour. Surely it's better to have Rogers playing for Derbyshire than sat twiddling his thumbs in the dressing room? Anyway, Watson's the back-up batsman technically, he covers the middle order slots, and MacDonald isn't exactly the worst batsman in the world either.
Yeah, think its made out to be too much of an issue. Rogers is playing cricket for Derbyshire and Dussey is churning out runs for Notts. Its not like they would be in crisis if Hughes continues to fail.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would've thought they could have patched him up ....... wouldn't matter if we had a class replacement available - I wonder if an announcement from the Taunton area (currently 115* at Worcester) might be on the cards?

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cerrtainly a blow. Peopleskills is one of those players who never seems far away from a big score, and he scores so fast as well, even if Johnson isn't bowling.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
First injury in KP's career then?
He's actually had plenty - it's just been very rare for them to a) be bad enough and b) be long-lasting enough to keep him out of much\any international cricket.

Anyway, I'm not surprised - some injuries cannot be overcome by any amount of spirit\painkillers, and this always looked like one. Obviously it's disappointing to have the best batsman on either side play for only 2\5ths of the series, but these things do happen from time to time. Let's see what happens from here on in.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
He's actually had plenty - it's just been very rare for them to a) be bad enough and b) be long-lasting enough to keep him out of much\any international cricket.

Anyway, I'm not surprised - some injuries cannot be overcome by any amount of spirit\painkillers, and this always looked like one. Obviously it's disappointing to lose the best batsman on either side for 2\5ths of the series, but these things do happen from time to time. Let's see what happens from here on in.
3/5ths.

Woodster

International Captain
It is disappointing not a huge shock after the way he has carried himself in the first two Tests. He has not batted well, how much of this is due to the injury we can't be sure, but something was clearly wrong at Cardiff and Lords. So in that respect, it's not a bad thing to replace someone so obviously struggling, on the other hand if KP was fully fit, his absence would be huge.

I am an Ian Bell fan, so I fail to have as many concerns as are being portrayed on here.

Matt79

Global Moderator

Anyway, I'm not surprised - some injuries cannot be overcome by any amount of spirit\painkillers, and this always looked like one. Obviously it's disappointing to have the best batsman on either side play for only 2\5ths of the series, but these things do happen from time to time. Let's see what happens from here on in.
Pietersen>Ponting????? :crazy: