• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What should we do with Mitchell Johnson?

What should be done with Mitchell Johnson?

• Total voters

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
The frenzy of a Twenty20 is there from before first ball TBH.
I don't think there's any point having a discussion with you about T20 if you've hardly watched it, if you had I'm sure someone who has as much knowledge of cricket as you could make plenty of interesting interpretations of the players and the matches.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If I found it interesting, I'm sure I would. But I don't.

I know enough about it though to know that if you take much account of it at all when judging a player's merits in other formats then you're on dangerous ground.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dunno, I don't keep account of these things, but it was certainly some point this year, maybe even this England season.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, think you're right. I mean, I know people will draw comparisons with Warnie and that he took 40-odd poles in a series where his marriage was falling apart but his situation was different, I reckon; a naccissistic sporting great who'd played 100+ Tests is different to a somewhat more sensitive bloke who's really still establishing himself. It'd surely dog-pile on him.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Damn so Johnson has a problem with the duke ball affecting his technique & serious personal problems affecting him mentally. He needs to be dropped for the 3rd test for sure now.

Top_Cat

Damn so Johnson has a problem with the duke ball affecting his technique & serious personal problems affecting him mentally. He needs to be dropped for the 3rd test for sure now.
One related directly to the other, I'd hazard. Kill the mum and the swing will follow.

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
Am I the ony one who upon reading the thread title started humming to himself "Hi Ho and up she rises"... etc...?

I'll get my coat...

Jewels

Cricket Spectator
How long has this Ashes series been planned ?

Knowing there are differences between the Kookaburra and Duke balls I would have thought the Aussies would have been practicing thier back sides off with the Duke for months now.

Agree he's mentally shot . Can't risk playing him IMO.

The Aussies lose this one bye bye little Urn

Uppercut

This is exactly why middle-aged women should all be shot.

No offence to any middle-aged women on the forum. It's for the best.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If he scrambles the seam like he has been doing he'll have problems with any ball.

Jewels

Cricket Spectator
probably kick him in the nuts anyway. Might just be the motivation he needs
Maybe he needs to Mitch it up a tad

Last edited: