Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hauritz and Strauss catches, Lord's Test

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Why is there some sort of attitude on this forum against talking about anything remotely controversial?
    Don't see what that's got to do with my post, tbh. Don't give a crap about the controversy, just don't see why a separate thread needs to be made when people are saying the same stuff in the tour thread.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Strauss's catch looked really horrible, definitely closed his fingers around the ball after it had hit the ground.. You can't as a batsman ask the fielder if he caught the ball, because I don't think the fielder can always be sure.. What happened to the benifit of the doubt going to the batsman during 50/50 calls?
    Batsmen get far too much in this day and age - I'm quite happy with the benefit of the doubt going to the fielder, especially on a camera image. If it's clearly bounced, yeah, sure, give it n\o, but IMO unless there's clear evidence it hasn't then it should be given out.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Don't see what that's got to do with my post, tbh. Don't give a crap about the controversy, just don't see why a separate thread needs to be made when people are saying the same stuff in the tour thread.
    Because people are saying 1,000,001 other things in the match thread, which goes at about 50 posts per minute when a game's on, and 90 posts per minute in the eventuality of that sort of scandal. All of which means not even close to all posts on the matter are read, and the ones that make important points (like, well, yes, mine) are easily missed.

Hence, I feel a separate thread is appropos, and would've been distinctly displeased at any mod who elected to close this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpers_Ghost View Post
    And this stuff happens, the umpires got it wrong, but after 5 minutes of anger I'm over it and certainly won't be bringing it up in four years time (like some english supporters seem to do with obscure happennings) or advocating the team pack up and go home (like one certain team likes to do when decisions go against them).
    No-one threatened to go home because Umpiring decisions went against them. And whether it's 5 minutes ago, 4 years ago or 2 centuries ago, what happened happened, and if something is being discussed then those matters are going to be brought up whenever the related matters are under discussion.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Because people are saying 1,000,001 other things in the match thread, which goes at about 50 posts per minute when a game's on, and 90 posts per minute in the eventuality of that sort of scandal. All of which means not even close to all posts on the matter are read, and the ones that make important points (like, well, yes, mine) are easily missed.
    Haha, don't even pretend it's not entirely about that.

Gotta respect that level of moxy.

TBF, zaremba made it. It's harder for people to ignore if it's in a separate thread TBH. Instead you have to think a bit harder to justify your spontaneous instinctive impression, a la Fuller and McNamara.

TBF, zaremba made it. It's harder for people to ignore if it's in a separate thread TBH. Instead you have to think a bit harder to justify your spontaneous instinctive impression, a la Fuller and McNamara.
    What did I do? Missing something here

You were the first (in the tour thread) to make the point about the fact that the two weren't anywhere near so similar as most if not every Aussie was trying to make-out.

You were the first (in the tour thread) to make the point about the fact that the two weren't anywhere near so similar as most if not every Aussie was trying to make-out.
    ah yep

I want to go on the record in my approval of these sub-threads during a Test.

When a huge issue crops up during a game, why should it be lost in the jungle that is an Official Test thread?

Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post

When a huge issue crops up during a game, why should it be lost in the jungle that is an Official Test thread?
    Yeah, and we've already had the most discussion for an Ashes series ever and we're not even half way through the tour.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post

That could almost have it's own thread.

State Vice-Captain
    TBH I don't think either of them were out, but the real point was consistency in umpiring, but with Doctrove umpiring these things should be expected.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Yeah, the man is an absolutely terrible liar. Did no-one see him trying to explain how Jimmy spilt drink on his gloves and they had to send out another pair? Was a hilariously bad cover-up.
    Lol yeah, make Swann captain then we won't have any of this type of rubbish! Pisses me off when captains try to be PR men, just tell the truth and leave the bull**** to the people who are paid to deal with it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information