Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66

Thread: Hauritz and Strauss catches, Lord's Test

  1. #46
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Why is there some sort of attitude on this forum against talking about anything remotely controversial?
    Don't see what that's got to do with my post, tbh. Don't give a crap about the controversy, just don't see why a separate thread needs to be made when people are saying the same stuff in the tour thread.
    The Colourphonics

    Bandcamp
    Twitderp

  2. #47
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Strauss's catch looked really horrible, definitely closed his fingers around the ball after it had hit the ground.. You can't as a batsman ask the fielder if he caught the ball, because I don't think the fielder can always be sure.. What happened to the benifit of the doubt going to the batsman during 50/50 calls?
    Batsmen get far too much in this day and age - I'm quite happy with the benefit of the doubt going to the fielder, especially on a camera image. If it's clearly bounced, yeah, sure, give it n\o, but IMO unless there's clear evidence it hasn't then it should be given out.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  3. #48
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Don't see what that's got to do with my post, tbh. Don't give a crap about the controversy, just don't see why a separate thread needs to be made when people are saying the same stuff in the tour thread.
    Because people are saying 1,000,001 other things in the match thread, which goes at about 50 posts per minute when a game's on, and 90 posts per minute in the eventuality of that sort of scandal. All of which means not even close to all posts on the matter are read, and the ones that make important points (like, well, yes, mine) are easily missed.

    Hence, I feel a separate thread is appropos, and would've been distinctly displeased at any mod who elected to close this.

  4. #49
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpers_Ghost View Post
    And this stuff happens, the umpires got it wrong, but after 5 minutes of anger I'm over it and certainly won't be bringing it up in four years time (like some english supporters seem to do with obscure happennings) or advocating the team pack up and go home (like one certain team likes to do when decisions go against them).
    No-one threatened to go home because Umpiring decisions went against them. And whether it's 5 minutes ago, 4 years ago or 2 centuries ago, what happened happened, and if something is being discussed then those matters are going to be brought up whenever the related matters are under discussion.


  5. #50
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,584
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  6. #51
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Because people are saying 1,000,001 other things in the match thread, which goes at about 50 posts per minute when a game's on, and 90 posts per minute in the eventuality of that sort of scandal. All of which means not even close to all posts on the matter are read, and the ones that make important points (like, well, yes, mine) are easily missed.
    Haha, don't even pretend it's not entirely about that.

    Gotta respect that level of moxy.

  7. #52
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    TBF, zaremba made it. It's harder for people to ignore if it's in a separate thread TBH. Instead you have to think a bit harder to justify your spontaneous instinctive impression, a la Fuller and McNamara.

  8. #53
    Cricketer Of The Year zaremba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rolling right Inuit
    Posts
    8,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    TBF, zaremba made it. It's harder for people to ignore if it's in a separate thread TBH. Instead you have to think a bit harder to justify your spontaneous instinctive impression, a la Fuller and McNamara.
    What did I do? Missing something here

  9. #54
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    You were the first (in the tour thread) to make the point about the fact that the two weren't anywhere near so similar as most if not every Aussie was trying to make-out.

  10. #55
    Cricketer Of The Year zaremba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rolling right Inuit
    Posts
    8,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You were the first (in the tour thread) to make the point about the fact that the two weren't anywhere near so similar as most if not every Aussie was trying to make-out.
    ah yep

  11. #56
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,789
    I want to go on the record in my approval of these sub-threads during a Test.

    When a huge issue crops up during a game, why should it be lost in the jungle that is an Official Test thread?

  12. #57
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    I want to go on the record in my approval of these sub-threads during a Test.

    When a huge issue crops up during a game, why should it be lost in the jungle that is an Official Test thread?
    Yeah, and we've already had the most discussion for an Ashes series ever and we're not even half way through the tour.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

  13. #58
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    5,690
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    I want to go on the record in my approval of these sub-threads during a Test.

    When a huge issue crops up during a game, why should it be lost in the jungle that is an Official Test thread?

    That could almost have it's own thread.

  14. #59
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    England (support India)
    Posts
    1,404
    TBH I don't think either of them were out, but the real point was consistency in umpiring, but with Doctrove umpiring these things should be expected.

  15. #60
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    England (support India)
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Yeah, the man is an absolutely terrible liar. Did no-one see him trying to explain how Jimmy spilt drink on his gloves and they had to send out another pair? Was a hilariously bad cover-up.
    Lol yeah, make Swann captain then we won't have any of this type of rubbish! Pisses me off when captains try to be PR men, just tell the truth and leave the bull**** to the people who are paid to deal with it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •