Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 84 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3719
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: *Official Third Test at Edgbaston

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    You didn't even mention Ronchi. Which is exactly right.
    Purposeful tbf.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Is(\was) your dad actually called Coco?
    It's from the Australian movie The Castle. Definitely worth a watch if you can.

Anywho, I reckon there deserves to be more mention of the sportsmanship shown by Strauss and Andy Flower in allowing Manou to play, top stuff. I can't believe I missed Watto though.. I went to bed around 1:30ish, thinking there wouldn't be much chance of play. Lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Would like to take this chance to thank Patteh. You're my everything.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Paine is an atrocious WK at present. He can bat, no doubt, but he's probably as bad if not worse than Prior with the gloves and he's not even as good a bat as Prior.
    True, but if Haddin is out of the rest of the series, and they are forced into sending a back-up keeper, then Hartley or Wade would be the two choices, Hartley would be pretty neat with the gloves, but his batting isn't really at par with other keeper-batsmen around in world cricket, or even Australia for that matter.

Wade on the other hand eventhough is pretty inexperienced, but he is a very decent keeper and also has all the makings of becoming a very good batsman with time, and eventhough it might seem like bit of a risk, but I would still pick Wade over Hartley to go to England as the back-up keeper.

Though you never know with Aussie seletors, they might just end-up send Luke Ronchi over there as the reserve keeper.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    As it happens yes.

You stalking me Nath?
    I liked your shirt.
    Jesus brings life eternal

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Haha, spooky.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    True, but if Haddin is out of the rest of the series, and they are forced into sending a back-up keeper, then Hartley or Wade would be the two choices, Hartley would be pretty neat with the gloves, but his batting isn't really at par with other keeper-batsmen around in world cricket, or even Australia for that matter.

Wade on the other hand eventhough is pretty inexperienced, but he is a very decent keeper and also has all the makings of becoming a very good batsman with time, and eventhough it might seem like bit of a risk, but I would still pick Wade over Hartley to go to England as the back-up keeper.

Though you never know with Aussie seletors, they might just end-up send Luke Ronchi over there as the reserve keeper.
    They could call up Hartley, and he's in England playing club cricket, I think. He did have a good season batting last year, too.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Not getting why talk of back-ups when there's already one playing in the Test?

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Not getting why talk of back-ups when there's already one playing in the Test?
    I guess if Haddin is out of the next match, people are wondering if they'll bring in some cover in case the same thing happens to Manou.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Geez, watto day (*boom boom*). Good to see fortune favouring the brave, let's hope Johnson joins the party. A big 1st innings total will help that along!

Manou.
    I hope Johnson joins in too, although If I was to bet before the match I would have bet on Watson being more successful. If Johnson takes 5 for though (or bowls well) I'll happily concede it was a good call to leave Clark out.
    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

"There's more chance of SoC making a good post than Smith averaging 99.95." - Furball

"**** you're such a **** poster." - Furball

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    The same bath they're housing Watto in tonight.
    Nah, he'd choke to death on a feather or lose an eye when a bubble popped.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    I hope Johnson joins in too, although If I was to bet before the match I would have bet on Watson being more successful. If Johnson takes 5 for though (or bowls well) I'll happily concede it was a good call to leave Clark out.
    Yes and no. Even if he takes wickets, was a risky call. That's why I called it 'brave' rather than 'good'. Has gut-feeling written all over it and why, if he takes some scalps, I won't be running back into this thread saying "See!! Told yuuuuz!" at all the nay-sayers. None of you are saying stuff I really disagree with.

Not enough fool-hardiness in the world, tbh. I admire the entrepreneurial spirit, even in the face of all that is rational/logical. Can sometimes be all the motivation someone needs to buck the trend. Don't believe that all things need be based on cold numbers, even with a lot on the line. Sometimes there's a more intuitive logic which you might not be able to articulate at the time that informs decisions. This is why I was in favour of retaining Johnson.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 31-07-2009 at 12:54 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    I liked your shirt.
    Were you there? No way! Weird stuff. Shouldve said gday.

Wife will be glad about the shirt - bought it for me yesterday
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Can't agree at all with Social there. Seen a number of keepers who enjoy taking some balls off the bowlers in warm up, get the feet moving etc. Others who just prefer taking balls off the bat.

Yes and no. Even if he takes wickets, was a risky call. That's why I called it 'brave' rather than 'good'. Has gut-feeling written all over it and why, if he takes some scalps, I won't be running back into this thread saying "See!! Told yuuuuz!" at all the nay-sayers. None of you are saying stuff I really disagree with.

Not enough fool-hardiness in the world, tbh. I admire the entrepreneurial spirit, even in the face of all that is rational/logical. Can sometimes be all the motivation someone needs to buck the trend. Don't believe that all things need be based on cold numbers, even with a lot on the line. Sometimes there's a more intuitive logic which you might not be able to articulate at the time that informs decisions. This is why I was in favour of retaining Johnson.
    Awta

Thread Information