• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If the atmospherics were to stay like this, I'd take 300-320 here. Back Hilf and Sid to be very good in these conditions provided they bowl good lengths.

chalky

International Debutant
Why don't the selectors like Stuart Clarke, did he kill one of their sons or something.
At lower league football level when a good player is constantly left out for an inferior 1 there are always (unfounded) rumours of said player having an affair with Manager's/Chairman's Wife/Daughter.

Honestly don't know why Clark has been left out obvious answer is selection panel don't fancy him in the current side make up, maybe worries about him breaking down in 4 man attack which begs the question why was he brought on tour?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What about Johnson? Same old crap from him I guess
Can't bowl any worse tbh. Who knows with him? But a couple of early poles to expose Bopara and Bell would be very handy.

I take it the forecast is still mud for the other days this Test?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At lower league football level when a good player is constantly left out for an inferior 1 there are always (unfounded) rumours of said player having an affair with Manager's/Chairman's Wife/Daughter.

Honestly don't know why Clark has been left out obvious answer is selection panel don't fancy him in the current side make up, maybe worries about him breaking down in 4 man attack which begs the question why was he brought on tour?
And if they are worried about his match fitness, then why did they stop him from having a stint in CC early this year and instead take him on a tour where he was basically ignored

Their treatment of him has been totally illogical

Evilhoopler

U19 12th Man
Why did they pick Bell? And for that matter, Bopara. Isn't there any better batsman in England. Maybe we'll send you over some under 16's to help you out, couldn't do much worse than those two.

chalky

International Debutant
Why did they pick Bell? And for that matter, Bopara. Isn't there any better batsman in England. Maybe we'll send you over some under 16's to help you out, couldn't do much worse than those two.
Juding by the way Hussey & Hughes have batted I wouldn't be sending any decent batsmen anywhere.