• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

pup11

International Coach
wtf???

Is Haddin out for the series?

Lucky we kept North.
Still we don't know the extent of his injury, but if his injury is bad enough for him to mis this test, then his chances to play in the next test too don't look any good, as both these tests are pretty much back to back.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jeezsh, gonna enjoy these Patt0, Smith0 etc. reactions when Watson's out. Just hope it's not 180 runs later.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Still we don't know the extent of his injury, but if his injury is bad enough for him to mis this test, then his chances to play in the next test too don't look any good, as both these tests are pretty much back to back.
The injury was sustained like 5 minutes before the game, of course it was enough to keep him out of the match. Keepers play with broken fingers a lot, would expect him to play the next match unless it's a very bad break ala. the one in the Windies last year.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Must give some credit to the selectors for Manou's inclusion in the squad. There were some press saying it wasn't necessary to have a back-up keeper. Reckon they'll forget about that!

tooextracool

International Coach
There's been a little bit for the bowlers so far and both bowlers have more or less not used it just yet by not making the batters play. Anderson been too wide despite bowling a fuller length and Flintoff all over the place.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Thinking about it, the two bowlers and batsmen all have fair followings here as CW faves don't they?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not allowed to enjoy watching my favourite player despite the dubious decision to select him? You're a ****ing weird person.
Nah, never said that, just that I'm not especially looking forwards to several of you screaming what a wonderful shot it is every time he plays one. So I'm looking forwards to your reactions when he's out.

pasag

RTDAS
Should be Watto's 8th Ashes Test, have absolutely no problems with him finally getting a match after missing out so many times. WAG.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Me commenting on every shot Watto makes is not even comparable to the way you suffocate threads, so you can suffer in yer jocks afaic.

With those two boundaries I reckon Watto has just doubled his career FC runs as an opener, WAG.