Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 247 of 248 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248 LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 3719
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: *Official Third Test at Edgbaston

Banned
    Yet another chances ridden century for Clarke. This century has a lot of similarity with the ass saving 100 he made at Delhi last year.

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Truth be told Clarke's only chance when the game was still on the line was the Strauss drop, aside from that the final two came after the game was well saved.
    This..

I mean most players have some slice of luck when they play a substantial knock, and its been a bit more in Clarke's case because, he generally tends to go on and score a century after being given a reprieve.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Fantastic stuff by Norfy and Clarke. Taking a bit of a liking to Clarke, it feels guilty and shameful.

Best not forget Watto and Hussey either, did the hard yards early on.

Now for a few days of sleep. Sweeeeet.
    Jesus brings life eternal

Cricket Champion!
    Is it legitimate to call it a chance when it was a no-ball?
    ★★★★★

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Yes. Let's be honest, the matter of millimetres (which was what it was) doesn't zero difference on how Clarke played the ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

When they play for the opposition, yes. If they play for my own team, no.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

Cricket Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Yes. Let's be honest, the matter of millimetres (which was what it was) doesn't zero difference on how Clarke played the ball.
    I agree with that logic. Just wondering how we keep score here at CW.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    All depends on whether Richard likes the batsman or not.

If he's indifferent then it depends on if he likes the bowler or not.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Same with some of their posters
    Had mate round for the game, like I said earlier in the thread. Not that I think you're talking about me or anything...

What's the score?

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    When they play for the opposition, yes. If they play for my own team, no.
    Definitely not a chance IMO, said this the other week. Frustrating as hell, but if FCA was ever formally calculated, no-balls definitely shouldn't count as an out.

Anyways...well played North & Clarke. Clarke obviously got a bit of luck as he approached the ton, but he played really well. It was unthinkable at the start of the series that he would be the batsman I feared most, but as the series progresses, that's the way it's going. Reminds me of Hussey in the last Ashes, just never felt we were going to get him out.

I'd have taken 1-0 with two the play, but we were somewhat toothless today. Broad looked a lot better, but mainly when the game was done and dusted. With him being the only bowler to get any mileage as the day went on, wondering if that's it from him for the series.

Glad in a way we only get them 4 or 5 down, 8 or 9 would have been very frustrating, looking forwards to Friday anyway.

Oh, and catch of the series from Jimmeh, been pretty much the best batsman, bowler and fielder in this series, WAG

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Well done to the boys on gritting out the draw. All the batsmen on the fifth day impressed but was especially wrapped for Clarke - he's pretty much my favourite batsman and it's great to see him impose himself on this series. Some fool was calling him a home-bully the other day

really pleased with how Watson batted at the top in his match. Hope they stick with him - his bowling is not good enough to be more than a fifth bowler but he can bowl better than he did here - but that's irrelevant when he bats the way he did in this match.

Was very glad the Dr Jerkyl version of Anderson showed up today rather than Mr Hyde - don't think I can recall a bowler so utterly dependent on whether the ball is swinging or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Missed posting all day due to being at the cricket and CBF reading through today's posts, particularly on this bloody iPhone. If I've missed out on another "Aussie is best" marathon from Ikki then the loss is obviously all mine.

Anyhow big congratulations to the Aussie batsmen for a performance that was full of both skill and cojones. A bit disappointing from our bowlers and I was surprised how little Jimmy bowled before the new ball was taken. But, as they say, take nothing away from the crim batsmen who played very sensibly and skilfully and could have stayed there for another week if they'd really needed to.

And so to Leeds. The only good thing about Leeds is that, unlike with Birmingham, you don't need to add "uk" when you google search for a weather forecast, there being no equivalent Yank interloper city that's nicked its name.
    Last edited by zaremba; 03-08-2009 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    message to England fans "You only sing when your winning"
    To be fair you can accuse the Barmy Army of many many things* but this is not one
    of them. I was at Sydney in January 07 (the final (cancelled) Test match of that series) and those bastards sang their hearts out throughout the whole bloody thing even though the team was disappearing down the plughole of a 5-0 humiliation. In fact if they were fair weather fans they simply wouldn't exist in the first place. Think about it: they support England ffs.

* eg tediousness, repetitiveness, chauvinism, baiting the opposition rather than appreciating the play, booing St Ricky in a horrid way, being primarily football fans, etc etc.

Well played Australia, and well played Clarke. Really coming into his own in this series. Surprised by Strauss's decision not to open with Jimmy.

Isnt this the second consecutive test where the biggest partnerships have been on the 4th/5th day? So much for pitches....

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Yet another chances ridden century for Clarke. This century has a lot of similarity with the ass saving 100 he made at Delhi last year.
    Honk if you're a goose.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by JBH001 View Post
    Isnt this the second consecutive test where the biggest partnerships have been on the 4th/5th day? So much for pitches....
    Pitch wasn't that worn today due to the rain delay. Looking at the puff of dust from the North wicket, batting may have go harder in the 4th innings (had we not been denied victory by the rain)

Thread Information