• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Kaitch throws away a start, Ponting falls to an off-spinner... Hussey to leave one on off-stump, Clarke to get out in the last over of the day?

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Needs to develop a way of combating the short pitched ball, yes. Clearly more of a player than North at least for my money tho. To be successful with his technique his eye must be amazing, frankly. Selectors panicked in dropping him IMHO.

& the top order has failed twice in two first digs since Cardiff, ftr. :p
To be 20 and get into the aussie side you have to be a freak, and he is. North and hussey have both made big scores on this tour, wouldn;t be suprised if one came in and made a big one now. Hussey record in england is very good, he is just in a bit of a slump. North well he did score an unbeaten ton in the first test, surely a bit harsh to be calling for his head. More case for getting rid of cook IMO.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hussey playing at things he shouldn't now. Can see him edging behind, I mean, making an unbeaten 150. :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Love to hear your thoughts on siddle.

Johnson had bell plumb atleast twice, don;t forget that.
Constantly at the basman and challenging them. Those type of bowlers often go for runs. He may not have the rewards but the game seems to change when Siddle bowls.

The results may be similar and Johnson may bowl wicket balls but I find his action jerky and inconsistent and Id struggle to trust him. He is a good 3rd seamer but he isnt a guy Id want leading an attack. TBH, if that is his role (provide batting depth, be the 3-4th seamer and bowl a few jaffas an innings) then he does it pretty well. I guess it depends what you want from him

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nice shot from Watson. Looking the best Aussie bat, just quietly. Considering the pressure he's under coming in halfway thru a series.

& again. Quality.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Watto doesn't seem to rate Onions at all despite getting out to him in the first dig. He's absolutely murdered him with regular efficiency in both innings.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Watto doesn't seem to rate Onions at all despite getting out to him in the first dig. He's absolutely murdered him with regular efficiency in both innings.
I heard him interviewed in the rain break yesterday, said the wicket was his own stupid fault.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
It's Onions and Swann FFS. Not Waqar and Murali. Really disappointed with our other batsmen. I feel they are giving them too much credit and second guessing themselves.