• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Getting in early...well not really given back to back tests.

Changes to both sides?

Australia might go Clark for Hauritz or otherwise unchanged I would have thought.

England should go Panesar for Onions and maybe Broad out for another fast bowler, though I'd keep Broad as part of a 4 man seam attack as long as they don't bowl him as if he Is the leader of the attack.

Wouldn't put it past England to drop Swann and Anderson for Onions and Harmison though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The current Aus scorecard suggest that England will want to be asking some different questions of the Aus batsmen at Lord's, even allowing for the Cardiff pitch. That may well mean both Onions & Harmison (currently 3 for hardly any against Yorks) in for Panesar & Broad. That being said, if it's another Lord's road and Aus clock up another huge score, we then don't really have anywhere to go.

chalky

International Debutant
Can see the Harmy for Lords bandwagon gathering some momentum already heard Botham & Bumble advocating his selection as 'England need something different for Lords'- would be disgarcefull in my opinion if he gets picked over Onions.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Hopefully it's the chance that Hussey needs to make some runs on a road and get his confidence back. Obviously he made runs in the England Lions game, but when he actually makes a good score in a Test match, his confidence will sky rocket.

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
With regards to team changes....the Australians usually do not have change significantly a winning test side....only through injuries of course. As far as England is concerned....where do you start with the bowlers????? Are there any other reasonable bowlers that could fit in???? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

King Pietersen

International Captain
If Panesar plays I'm going to cry. Onions should come in. That'd be the only change I'd make though, bit harsh dropping Broad after 1 poor Test. We're not going to drop Swann, so it's harsh dropping Broad.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Definitely Onions in for Panesar... and as I said in the thread for the first test, I don't think Harmison for Broad would be a bad call. Broad hasn't exactly bowled brilliantly this test and Harmison is in decent form, got some Australian batsmen out in the warm-up game and provides a bit of variety.

Australia will be unchanged I'm sure. Clark for Hauritz would be nice if it's not expected to turn, but they won't be going that way.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Apparently Harmison has taken a hatful today, whilst Onions twiddles his thumbs on 12th man duty. If he gets leapfrogged like that he'll feel sick.

Don't want to see any kneejerk reactions, but there needs to be a bit of a regrouping in between Tests.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently Harmison has taken a hatful today, whilst Onions twiddles his thumbs on 12th man duty. If he gets leapfrogged like that he'll feel sick.
Yeah, will be shades of Chris Tremlett last year. It'd be horrible for Onions, because he outbowled Harmison for Durham every single time this season.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Don't want to see any kneejerk reactions, but there needs to be a bit of a regrouping in between Tests.
5 so far. He will (read is likely to) play, as well Onions. Monty and either Broad or Anderson out.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Think Hauritz will stay in for Lords, esp if he gets some wickets tomorrow.

Don't expect Lords to help him as much as Sophia Gardens. Would expect him to be the one to make way for Lee in the 3rd test.

Obv. Paneser should be out for Onions. Harmison for Broad is very tempting.

pasag

RTDAS
Can't see the point of Harmison if it's your typical Lord's pitch. At least Broad can bat. Onions for Monty is a must obviously.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
5 so far. He will (read is likely to) play, as well Onions. Monty and either Broad or Anderson out.
Anderson would be seriously unlucky to miss out.

Given the extent to which we're being outclassed, I wonder how many guys we'll get through this summer. Sidebottom & Rashid will probably play at some stage. This smacks of 1989 all over again. Time to discover another past-time, I think.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Think Hauritz will stay in for Lords, esp if he gets some wickets tomorrow.

Don't expect Lords to help him as much as Sophia Gardens. Would expect him to be the one to make way for Lee in the 3rd test.

Obv. Paneser should be out for Onions. Harmison for Broad is very tempting.
actually monty does have a few lords 5 fers (against the Windies mostly, yes) but lords is becoming helpful to spin on day 4/5 these days.