• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tea'll do me here lads. Enjoy your evenings/ early mornings.

Ausrtalia ahead of the over rate at tea. Unheard of in recent times.

That would have made my calendar year if Pietersen had handled the ball there.

Oh ****! How can so good a player look like Glenn McGrath with the bat? This is bizarre stuff.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't know why but England have a habit of making part timers look like world beaters. We treat them with too much respect.
If a part-timer takes 6-34-1 he's done a far better job than if he takes 10-25-0. The most important thing against a part-timer is not to gift your wicket. As a rule, they're not generally good enough to get you out, so the only chance of a wicket is mistakes, which can often be induced by complacency.

And Pietersen was soooooooo bounced out by Hilfenhaus like that in the opening game of the 2006/07 tour. Thank &%$£ that fell in a gap. Wonder if Hilfenhaus is the type whose bouncer is tricky to pick-up?

ripper868

International Coach
I'm gonna make like the Burge, Good hunting all, Pms have free reign and can say what they want without repercussion...for a while...

Congrats Strauss...you **** :p
Evening all.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hilf absolutely bowling the house down right now, so unlucky. Quick too, regularly topping 145Km/h.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well done. True captains knock. Cook got out, then Bopara and England were in a bit of trouble. KP came in not giving a **** that losing 3 quick wickets would be deadly but Strauss kept his cool. Well played.