• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:laugh:

Was browsing the 0607 Ashes forum before Burgey, read one of your early posts in there. No mention of mints, polite towards the English and when you said nice things about Chris Read you said, "apologies to the thread starter" who was some tool with a username worshipping Read's rival for the gloves.

What happened man? Was this just lulling us all into a false sense of security? :laugh:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh:

Was browsing the 0607 Ashes forum before Burgey, read one of your early posts in there. No mention of mints, polite towards the English and when you said nice things about Chris Read you said, "apologies to the thread starter" who was some tool with a username worshipping Read's rival for the gloves.

What happened man? Was this just lulling us all into a false sense of security? :laugh:
I was young. I've grown into it.

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate.....

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
It's the climate mate. Find some sunshine, get out and about, kill some wildlife and eat meat.
But be careful when you go to a shop and ask for mince. If you get misunderstood you might find yourself turning into someone with a striking ability to humble Crim batsmen.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blimey, one bloke says a fairly ridiculous comment about Freddie when he's bowling an epic and historic spell, and it gets jumped on by all and sundry and then some of that criticism is called brilliant.

I think the next time an Aussie supporter says "I want sids babies" after he gets out a tailender, I'll write a long post about it being anatomically impossible and he's not the best looking bloke in the world anyway.

As for criticism of Freds celebration. What the ****. Has anyone thought he was standing still and not running around like a madman because his knee is ****ed and he's taking injections just to get through the game. Particularly galling from a ManU fan, presumably hated Cantona's reaction to goals.

Steyn by far the best fast-bowler in the world, BTW.
In all fairness mate, there is a slight difference between "I want Sid's babies" which is clearly a joke and "Flintoff, World best bowler?" which I assumed was a serious question/statement or are you suggesting he was joking?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In all fairness mate, there is a slight difference between "I want Sid's babies" which is clearly a joke and "Flintoff, World best bowler?" which I assumed was a serious question/statement or are you suggesting he was joking?
I'm suggesting it was hyperbole of the moment, not exactly a measured statement.