• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Just for the record, Ponting has acknoweldged England outplayed Australia at the outset of his speech on the radio. And again in his preso speech.

Wanted to put that out there, before everyone comes on here and says because he didn't deliver his remarks with a big ****-eating grin on his face he wasn't gracious.

On the radio he's asked about Flintoff and said he bowled well, which is what Australia expected. I'm just noting this down for the benefit of our English brethren.

The English crowd gives Ponting a cheer as he responds in a quality and gracious manner to a **** question from Atherton about the umpiring. Doesn't blame them. Again, if anyone wants to bag him about this, please feel free to dispute this account.

Biggest cheer is for the umpires, fittingly so. Rudi gets a special award for his 100th test - not, as some Aussies on here have suggested, MOTM.

Nice from Strauss acknowledging Haddin and Clarke before throwing himself at Flintoff's feet.
Good post. Ponting gets too much **** for nothing.

Well done, England. A win in some 70 odd years is worth getting a congrats from me. :p

pasag

RTDAS
Just for the record, Ponting has acknoweldged England outplayed Australia at the outset of his speech on the radio. And again in his preso speech.

Wanted to put that out there, before everyone comes on here and says because he didn't deliver his remarks with a big ****-eating grin on his face he wasn't gracious.

On the radio he's asked about Flintoff and said he bowled well, which is what Australia expected. I'm just noting this down for the benefit of our English brethren.

The English crowd gives Ponting a cheer as he responds in a quality and gracious manner to a **** question from Atherton about the umpiring. Doesn't blame them. Again, if anyone wants to bag him about this, please feel free to dispute this account.

Biggest cheer is for the umpires, fittingly so. Rudi gets a special award for his 100th test - not, as some Aussies on here have suggested, MOTM.

Nice from Strauss acknowledging Haddin and Clarke before throwing himself at Flintoff's feet.
Ponting is always very gracious in defeat, have said it time and time again. Gives close to the best interview in world cricket. Always speaks his mind, doesn't use too many sporting cliches and comes across as thoughtful and intelligent, contrary to popular opinion. Not an angel by any stretch of the imagination, but unfailry demonised a lot of the time.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Post-match interview:

Aggers: So how come you only had 2 five-fors before now Freddie?
Fred: Well I'm not very good Aggers.
:laugh:. I love Freddy. Only Englishman I like.

Also is pretty strange how someone like him who can bowl such high-quality spells only has 3 5fers.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting is always very gracious in defeat, have said it time and time again. Gives close to the best interview in world cricket. Always speaks his mind, doesn't use too many sporting cliches and comes across as thoughtful and intelligent, contrary to popular opinion. Not an angel by any stretch of the imagination, but unfailry demonised a lot of the time.
Yeah but he scores too many runs. :dry:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jim Maxwell on the radio right now making some interesting points re. Lee's unavailability ahead of Edgbaston. Says if he can't play there they should bring Bollinger or Mackay over. Not a bad point imo.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Put my last dose of ointment in my eyes for the conjunctivitis. The infection has cleared but I need something to cover up the tears of joy. SO happy.

Fair play to most of the crims on here though, fair and gracious as ever. And Ponting...

Freddie, :wub:

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Can't believe people are saying that Hughes is struggling. He murdered England in his first innings, was unlucky in the 2nd innings and wasn't even out in the 3rd.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jim Maxwell on the radio right now making some interesting points re. Lee's unavailability ahead of Edgbaston. Says if he can't play there they should bring Bollinger or Mackay over. Not a bad point imo.
Didn't he retire in 1963 and then, er, die twenty years later? I know you're up against it but isn't that just a tad of an over-reaction?

JF.

School Boy/Girl Captain
Can't believe we lost .... at Lord's of all places. Just off to slit my wrists. I"ll BBL :ph34r:

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
:laugh:. I love Freddy. Only Englishman I like.

Also is pretty strange how someone like him who can bowl such high-quality spells only has 3 5fers.
He does have a lot 4'fers and 3'fers though. Don't really know why he's never got more 5 wicket hauls though tbh.