• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not like he's tried to bomb him over mid-off, ffs. Hardest thing as a spinner to try and settle in your first over, when a bloke is coming at you and playing proper cricket shots.
*shrug*

Put it this way, it's not what I'd have done. He was being gifted singles all over the field. Swann just wanted to bowl at Johnson.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not like he's tried to bomb him over mid-off, ffs. Hardest thing as a spinner to try and settle in your first over, when a bloke is coming at you and playing proper cricket shots.
Spot on Jack. He made a ton yesterday using his feet to the spinners, but hey what would he know with 50-odd tests under his belt and averaging 45-ish.

Frankly never ceases to amaze me the number of people who get on here and just round on international players as though it's a doddle to play at this level. Should say I'm guilty of this myself.

Absolute ****e to get on here and say "Ooh, Clarke didn't handle the pressure" - **** made 130 runs at 5 for ****, saw off a second new rock, gave half his side a chance. Gets out and all us D Graders get on here and go "Oh, what a **** shot/ he's not up to it"; or "Broad's crap, he's got nothing" - 99% of us on here would want our ****ing underwear changed if we had to face the Ladyboy, let alone Flintoff, Johnson or whoever.
Honestly, call back when you know which end of a bat to hold.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
Australia are NOT going to:
a: hit 159 for the last 2 wickets
b: survive for 79 overs

It's all over! Well done Flintoff & England!