• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Dissector

International Debutant
Australia's only (and very slim) hope is a run-a-ball hundred from Johnson while the others stick around. Johnson has done this against South Africa and has his eye in so he should throw caution to the winds.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, and this from the guy who continually talks about the fallacy of it being worse to get out playing a defensive shot rather than an attacking one.
Haha, i know. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't play the situation. He could at least have had a look at one or two balls before charging the spinner.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't expect Johnson to go crazy unless Hauritz gets out. Hauritz can bat, I'll blame the hand though if he fails.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Better it happened now, as opposed to half the continent suffering a cardiac arrest in a couple of hours. Looks like the hugeness of the occassion really got to these guys.
One wicket to the second new ball when starting again first thing and another playing over a full toss after surviving said new ball the night before to score 130+ n.o.

Yep, plainly not up to it. Never happened before in cricket. Weak-minded so-and-sos they are....

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, i know. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't play the situation. He could at least have had a look at one or two balls before charging the spinner.
It's not like he's tried to bomb him over mid-off, ffs. Hardest thing as a spinner to try and settle in your first over, when a bloke is coming at you and playing proper cricket shots.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FREDDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy can hardly walk, but what a ****ing star.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't expect Johnson to go crazy unless Hauritz gets out. Hauritz can bat, I'll blame the hand though if he fails.
Clearly worried about injuring it again, got his hand as far away from the ball as possible.