• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Johnson to hopefully get some runs and maybe a bit of confidence. Should he play the next match if his net form is similar to this match?
I'd say no personally. We need to win the next test, not carry a bowler through it in the hope he comes good.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sky just showing a replay of Gary Pratt in 2005.

And Damien Martyn runs his skipper out... again!!!
Actually, now England have manned-up and are all hard about the "spirit of cricket", Ponting should deny Flintoff a sub when he wants a rare tub after bowling a spell. Let em field with 10. He had the injury coming into the game. **** him.

inbox24

International Debutant
Broad's bowling average back up to a nice healthy 40 again. :D

Hopefully he can improve this to 50 or 60 at the end of the series.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
TBF, most of the **** i write in the Broad direction is more because of the way Strauss is using him and treating him as almost our most important bowler. If he was treated as he should be (bowled when the better bowlers need a rest) he wouldn't get as much stick from me.

pasag

RTDAS
Whatever the odds i'd put a tenner on Australia winning from here. There's only one team in the world that could fail to defend 500 and it's the team with Stuart Broad as their spearhead.
We probs would have in Perth if we had set another 80 odd runs ftw.

Hoggy31

International Captain
If Johnson showed some form with the bat here, what would everyone think of him at 7 and Lee for maybe Hussey or Hughes?

inbox24

International Debutant
Hughes needs some time to work on the short pitched stuff, big mistake not bringing a reserve opener finally exposed.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually, now England have manned-up and are all hard about the "spirit of cricket", Ponting should deny Flintoff a sub when he wants a rare tub after bowling a spell. Let em field with 10. He had the injury coming into the game. **** him.
Yeah I agree. If he tries to go off again after his next spell I wouldn't mind if Ricky quietly reminded him that he needs to suck it up given he was injured coming into it.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Y'reckon Siddle remains a certainty?
No but he should. I've not seen as much of this game as I'd like but from what I have seen Siddle should stay, he's a solid bowler who's good with the old ball and who hasn't let anyone down. If he gets dropped and Johnson stays, the Aussie selectors will have lost all sense of reality

inbox24

International Debutant
Johnson is on the same level with Ponting in terms of 'undroppability'. How the hell they will fit Clark and Lee into the side will be interesting.