• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Honestly can't remember the last time a cricketer was so universally reviled. Are there any Stuart Broad fans on CW?
Jamee and GIMH would probably consider themselves such and while Uppercut most certainly wouldn't, he's definitely of the opinion that Broad's improved heaps and is generally over-criticised these days.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Honestly can't remember the last time a cricketer was so universally reviled. Are there any Stuart Broad fans on CW?
I like Broad as a character and he seems like a good lad. I don't mind him in the one day team because he's actually fairly decent in colours, but i've yet to see him show that he's a Test quality bowler yet. He's been bowling poorly for a while and I just think it's unfair that he doesn't get dropped yet the likes of Sidebottom and Hoggard got dropped because they bowled poorly (not as poorly as Broad I might add) in 1 or 2 Tests.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Good stuff here from the Sky team - showing the Pratt runout from 05 - and Warne talking about everyone having to hide in dressing.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Dont know if I'd call myself a fan per se. But I dont share the general revulsion of most CW posters.

Think he is a good cricketer, and will only get better - if never world class or anything like that.
Yeah I agree. Yes there are still massive question marks over his bowling but he's still developing, and he's got a lot going for him.

There's a tendency towards lazy scapegoating on CW and Broad is definitely a case in point.

pasag

RTDAS
Johnson to hopefully get some runs and maybe a bit of confidence. Should he play the next match if his net form is similar to this match?
Dunno. Pick the team that'll win us the game. If we don't think that Johnson and Hughes can do that, regardless of past accomplishments then don't pick them. That said, Johnson is the best batsman in the side and you can't drop your best batsman.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm used to lesser-quality posters like yourself, yes. Not gonna come up with a 3000 wrote essay on your flaws, because the fact that you tried to justify why the Hauritz & Strauss catch being handled different was the right decision says it all, tbh. I'm done replying to your rubbish. :)
You'll be done posting on CW before all that long, and no-one will cry for your absence. Fortunately almost everyone on CW realises I'm a better-quality poster than you by several million light-years, so the fact that you think the World of yourself doesn't matter.

BTW, anyone attempting to claim the Hauritz and Strauss catches should've been handled the same doesn't know the Laws Of Cricket, it's as simple as that.

Last edited:

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
How much is the win paying? Think we're watching the start of the best knock in Test history.
Whatever the odds i'd put a tenner on Australia winning from here. There's only one team in the world that could fail to defend 500 and it's the team with Stuart Broad as their spearhead.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Johnson to hopefully get some runs and maybe a bit of confidence. Should he play the next match if his net form is similar to this match?
He'll definitely play in the tour match at (?) Northampton, and if he shows any signs of recovery he will certainly be picked again.

If he's still bowling sewage, though, I can't see how he can keep his place in the team particularly when Stuart Clark is in the squad. Think Gillespie '05, Gooch '89 - your best players sometimes need to get dropped when they become a liability to the team.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Whatever the odds i'd put a tenner on Australia winning from here. There's only one team in the world that could fail to defend 500 and it's the team with Stuart Broad as their spearhead.
Reckon my Exeter Cricket Club Third XI with me spearheading could give it a decent shot TBH.

Broad may be a crap Test bowler, but he is at least better than me.