• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Also worth mentioning that the Nelson curse is still alive and well. Hussey out on 111, Bopara on 222 and Pietersen 333 I think.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's all right Richard, we feel the same about the first chance average; captains not having an input into bowling because bowlers always know better, yet you knowing better than FC or international cricketers when you speak about the game and those two things not at all being contradictions; and Nasser Hussain apparently being a better Test match batsman than Matthew Hayden. :)
Nah, it's those who contradict me that are the lunatics. Anyway, outstanding to see the back of Hussey. Lord's ain't no WACA, y'know. Can't leave fullish balls hitting the top of middle here.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Weren't there wickets in the England innings on 222 and 333? Now two on 111 in Australia's dig too.

Shep would be going nuts with that.

Edit: noted by Orno.

Last edited:

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Sir James of Anderson!

At the risk of massive pessimism again, the better a position we are in the higher the chance of us bottling it there is. Haddin to score 500. Johnson will probably biff a few as well seeing as how he refuses to bowl properly.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Clarke :( Felt so nervous every ball he faced and my heart sunk when he got caught. Not just because I always hope he does well, but because we are screwed.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Also worth mentioning that the Nelson curse is still alive and well. Hussey out on 111, Bopara on 222 and Pietersen 333 I think.
Weren't there wickets in the England innings on 222 and 333? Now one on 111 in Australia's dig too.

Shep would be going nuts with that.
Jeez, you're good at saying what everyone on CW says, either before or after they've said it. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Clarke again fails when Australia is in trouble. Become a concerning trend in his career.
First mentioned months ago, and he promptly played 4 or 5 innings which came at the neediest possible time. No-one can score runs every innings their side is behind the eight-ball.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
At the risk of massive pessimism again, the better a position we are in the higher the chance of us bottling it there is. Haddin to score 500. Johnson will probably biff a few as well seeing as how he refuses to bowl properly.
Mind, if we get one of these two pretty sharpish I'll start believing we can beat Australia at Lord's for the 2nd time in 113 years.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Clarke :( Felt so nervous every ball he faced and my heart sunk when he got caught. Not just because I always hope he does well, but because we are screwed.
You've got Haddin, North and Johnson against a team who are notorious for letting teams off the hook when they've got them pinned against a wall. All is definitely not lost.