Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Selection errors tally thread

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Nah, was alluding to the fact that you can work on your fitness in the space of 2 months, I know Sidebottom is probably a tad overweight, and that obviously doesn't help with regards to his fitness
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

International Coach
    The England selectors currently have a thankless task. The main dilemma facing selectors from a major Test playing nation should be who to leave out from a nucleus of proven International class cricketers. Currently England can't even put together a First XI of anything like proven quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    The England selectors currently have a thankless task. The main dilemma facing selectors from a major Test playing nation should be who to leave out from a nucleus of proven International class cricketers. Currently England can't even put together a First XI of anything like proven quality.
    True. Given that we're looking likely to be wallopped in this and the next series, the trick is going to be deciding who is worth sticking with despite results rather than working their way through truck loads of players. Not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Hey, I'm not saying my sources are perfect, maybe someone else here can give us better recent knowledge. His output in CC matches hasn't improved (3 wickets @ 34 this season, he's barely even bowled) and the selectors are leaving him well alone, so I'm yet to see much to suggest that the situation has changed.

It does seem pretty likely to me that he's been left out for fitness reasons though. Because i don't think anyone doubts that he's good enough for England when his body can take it.
    I dont read Sidebottom's position that way TBH. It is clear during the WI tour & as you said in the CC you say, he was still suffering from his injury woes & his pace was down.

But that fact that he was bowling so sharp in the T20 WC shows that he is back. If it was a case where he was allowed to unleash himself in just 4 overs, surely we would have seen that in new-ball spells during the WI test matches?.

I am not overly stressing about his FC form. If helpful are seen within the next 4 test, he should definately play ahead of Onions. Only Harmison should keep him out ATS.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Doctrove

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    I dont read Sidebottom's position that way TBH. It is clear during the WI tour & as you said in the CC you say, he was still suffering from his injury woes & his pace was down.

But that fact that he was bowling so sharp in the T20 WC shows that he is back. If it was a case where he was allowed to unleash himself in just 4 overs, surely we would have seen that in new-ball spells during the WI test matches?.

I am not overly stressing about his FC form. If helpful are seen within the next 4 test, he should definately play ahead of Onions. Only Harmison should keep him out ATS.
    If you're going to only bowl 4 overs then you will go for it much more than in your first four of what could be 20-30

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Hauritz and Hilfenhaus, eh? Clueless, these Aussie selectors.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Hauritz and Hilfenhaus, eh? Clueless, these Aussie selectors.

Yeah Hilfenhaus has done really well and Hauritz apparently bowled well this morning so...maybe they knew what they were doing. Especially if either of them bowl us to victory. Lee may have been handy about now if fit as it seems to be starting to reverse.
    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

"There's more chance of SoC making a good post than Smith averaging 99.95." - Furball

"**** you're such a **** poster." - Furball

I smell a 'was still an error' argument tbh

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    What? A gentleman who takes his lumps in good humour like Dicko? Surely not.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Like it or not, no-one had any reason to suspect either would bowl as well as they have done. Anyone who claims they did is lying.

And no, no-one deserves the slightest credit for either Hilfenhaus or Hauritz bowling well and reasonably respectively than the bowlers themselves.

Still, not many are going to accept that no selector has the power to look into the future, so there's little point me wasting my time arguing the matter with said minded people.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Still doesn't mean I think he is any good.
    Nor do I. But there was no case not to play him in the opening Test of this series, and the case to drop him for the next one isn't strong.

One more shocker at Lord's though and if he's left-out that'll be fair enough.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Like it or not, no-one had any reason to suspect either would bowl as well as they have done. Anyone who claims they did is lying.

And no, no-one deserves the slightest credit for either Hilfenhaus or Hauritz bowling well and reasonably respectively than the bowlers themselves.

Still, not many are going to accept that no selector has the power to look into the future, so there's little point me wasting my time arguing the matter with said minded people.

With you on Haurtiz of course. But not on Hifly, if you saw him bowl in SA it would always have been fair to assume he would bowl well if given the chance over here.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Like it or not, no-one had any reason to suspect either would bowl as well as they have done.
    Interesting that you somehow get to see Aussie Domestic cricket rather regularly...

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information