Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Selection errors tally thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Well, they won in SA so if they win this series, will you (please) change the record? It's boring in every ****ing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Well, they won in SA so if they win this series, will you (please) change the record? It's boring in every ****ing thread.
    . Ease your hermones big man, its cricketchat. I have no intentions of exciting you.

Haurtiz didn't play in SA. They lost in AUS & IND because of the stupidy of picking a useless spinner as part of a 4-man attack.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    I'll take that as a no.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    I'll take that as a no.
    You know what yo, just like how the american news host Keith Olberman counts down the days since Bush said "mission accomplished".

I think you have inspired me to start up the "last time AUS played a proper bowling attack" countdown. Gotta make sure the maths on point ya digg..

Stuart Broad. I know he can bat, but how much has his surname helped him get where he is? I mean it is one of the most telegraphed favourite scoring area in the game ATM, but he still gives Phil Highes width outside off stump. So why continue to bowl there?

Nathan Hauritz, I know he picked up three wickets, but seriously, just say no.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Broad was a poor selection in 2007/08 and 2008; however since the start of 2009 he's justified his being picked and there was no case for not playing him at the start of this series.

I've said it several times: Broad did not deserve the opening he was given and I still don't think he's much of a Test bowler and don't expect him to have any great success in this series if he bowls as he's bowled the last six months. However, as things currently stand, his selection is fair enough, unlike MSP's.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Well Hilfenhaus is doing a good job of justifying his selection, so I don't think they deserve any discredit at all.
    Totally agreed.. He bowled really well yesterday
    Hilfenhaus had shown no indication, to my mind, of bowling as well as he did in the first-innings. Therefore, to pick him was a mistake.

In bowling far better than I've ever seen him bowl to date (not to say he's never bowled this well before, obviously) Hilfenhaus himself deserves full credit. But, if fit enough, Clark had a far, far stronger case, so the selectors deserve none.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Richard in "talking nonsense" shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Broad was a poor selection in 2007/08 and 2008; however since the start of 2009 he's justified his being picked and there was no case for not playing him at the start of this series.

I've said it several times: Broad did not deserve the opening he was given and I still don't think he's much of a Test bowler and don't expect him to have any great success in this series if he bowls as he's bowled the last six months. However, as things currently stand, his selection is fair enough, unlike MSP's.
    Still doesn't mean I think he is any good.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Cricket Spectator
    alright lets be honest, ryan sidebottom should be playing instead of onions or panesar, because he poses far more of a threat than both...panesar isnt good enough to play test cricket, neither is hauritz....englands attack with sidebottom would be right arm swing bowler, right arm fast and hostile, left arm swing bowler and a mixture of swing and hostility from broad, with swann as a fairly good spinner...instead we have panesar who cant bat or field, and isnt much better with the ball
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Have you seen Sidebottom bowl in the county championship recently?

I suspect if you had, you'd want him nowhere near the team.

Cricket Spectator
    Have you seen Sidebottom bowl in the county championship recently?

I suspect if you had, you'd want him nowhere near the team.
    not in the county championship i havent, but i saw him in the 20 20 against yorkshire and he looked good
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanpaul View Post
    not in the county championship i havent, but i saw him in the 20 20 against yorkshire and he looked good
    Yeah, he looked great in the World Twenty20 too. In a four-over burst, he's still got a lot to offer.

I saw him play in a CC game a couple of months ago, and he looked completely done. His pace was well down, he didn't seem fit, he wasn't taking wickets and he wasn't looking like he might take wickets. I suspect when the selectors went to see him play against Lancs last week they saw something similar.

It's a shame, because he was one of my favourite players in the England team, and I really rate him as a bowler. But he just isn't fit enough to play tests at the moment.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Yeah, he looked great in the World Twenty20 too. In a four-over burst, he's still got a lot to offer.

I saw him play in a CC game a couple of months ago, and he looked completely done. His pace was well down, he didn't seem fit, he wasn't taking wickets and he wasn't looking like he might take wickets. I suspect when the selectors went to see him play against Lancs last week they saw something similar.

It's a shame, because he was one of my favourite players in the England team, and I really rate him as a bowler. But he just isn't fit enough to play tests at the moment.
    Hmm..
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    Hmm..
    Hey, I'm not saying my sources are perfect, maybe someone else here can give us better recent knowledge. His output in CC matches hasn't improved (3 wickets @ 34 this season, he's barely even bowled) and the selectors are leaving him well alone, so I'm yet to see much to suggest that the situation has changed.

It does seem pretty likely to me that he's been left out for fitness reasons though. Because i don't think anyone doubts that he's good enough for England when his body can take it.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information