Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Selection errors tally thread

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Harmison not exactly justifying his inclusion thus far either.
    No, true. & if we'd gone for the extra spinner it'd probably have been Broad rather than him to miss out, so I suppose we should be grateful for small mercies.

On the "credit where it's due" front tho: Trott. Test too late, but they got it right eventually.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    No, true. & if we'd gone for the extra spinner it'd probably have been Broad rather than him to miss out, so I suppose we should be grateful for small mercies.

On the "credit where it's due" front tho: Trott. Test too late, but they got it right eventually.
    Yes indeed, Broad missing out would have been bad anyway, but in hindsight it's even easier to see this. Thank god he wasn't binned. Even on the first morning of the match Athers was saying Broad ought to have been left out, blimey.

As for Trott, I do agree, but from just looking at him bat, he looks very impressive, the way he has kept hold of his wicket and taken his timein scoring is great, had we had that control in earlier matches....well it probably wouldn't have made a massive amount of difference, maybe we would have saved the first test a bit easier, and the deficit at Headingly would have perhaps been reduced...but yes, glad to see him finally in the team, and on his current performance he ought to have cemented his place for a while imo.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Think I'm paying out on "no Hauritz" as an error, tbh.
    I said in the match thread, it might be to 2009 what "we're gonna have a bowl" was to 2005. Might not have influenced the result but such a cock-up.
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    You were the only team that looked like taking 20 at Cardiff not because you bowled better (Hilfenhaus spared). You did so because half of England forgot how to bat, and the other half didn't know how to.
    Right, but this always seems to be the case
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Right, but this always seems to be the case
    Yeah, certainly seemed to be the case yesterday

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread Information