• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last Man Standing: Ashes 2009

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes.

Shortly before the end of the day, I would've said "no" as it was likely to head towards a boring draw, but now that 2 wickets have fallen, it's entirely unrealistic to expect that England would come back from here.

irfan

State Captain
Yes - Let's hope the rain stays away - England don't deserve to get away with such a putrid bowling perfomance

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rigthtio. If you recall I asked:

Will Australia win the first test?

& of course they couldn't. Mere suggestion was daft, frankly, but quite a few went for it all the same. :ph34r:

Fallers:

pasag: Yes
Uppercut: Yes
KP: Yes
ripper: Yes
vic: Yes
GingerFurball: Yes
zaremba: Yes
Jamee: Yes
stephen: Yes
Kyle: Yes
Postmanpat: Yes
SKD: Yes
PF: Yes
CDM: Yes
PC: Yes
Stuelen: Yes
marc: Yes
Burgey: Yes
Jakester: Yes
Michaelf7s: Yes
Simon: Yes
morgieb: Yes
irfan: Yes
luffy: Yes
Wright: Yes
Dydl: Yes
candy: Yes

Standing:

Brumby: No
SBI: No
Pickup: No
tozzer: No
marcuss: No
fertang: No
chalky: No
kp4captain: No
GIMH: No
four_or_six: No
inbox24: No
Pothas: No
Adam: No
Redbacks: No

So the 14 of us who know our cricket (:ph34r:) move onto Lords. A quick check of the records tells me that over the last 4 series 21 wickets have fallen in total on the first day of second Ashes tests, an average of slightly over 5. So The question is this:

Will 6 or more wickets fall on day one of the second test?

Just to clarify, if 6 fall it's a "yes".

With the state of Lords of late I'm gonna say no.