• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last Man Standing: Ashes 2009

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Eight remaining with exactly six wickets falling on day one.

Fallen:

Brumby: No
marcuss: No
kp4captain: No
Pothas: No
Redbacks: -
tozzer: -

Still Standing:

SBI: Yes
Pickup: Yes
fertang: Yes
chalky: Yes
GIMH: Yes
four_or_six: Yes
inbox24: Yes
Adam: Yes

Two questions for day two in order to speed things up a little. Need both to progress (unless only one person gets Q1).

Andrew Strauss has never managed to turn any of his previous 34 FC (including 17 Test) centuries into a double. He has a good opportunity here with another 39 runs needed and a generous pitch to bat on.

Q1. Will Andrew Strauss reach his first double century on day two?

Stuart Broad failed to impress in Cardiff, picking up a solitary wicket in his 32 overs there. He will be looking for a better performance tomorrow (assuming England get a chance to bowl), but the Australian top order will likely make it difficult for him.

Q2. Will Stuart Broad take a wicket on day two?

Answers due by the scheduled start of play.

Last edited:

kp4captain

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well I was knocked out due to some really confusing goings on between tests.
FTR I would have been knocked out anyway due to a superb innings from Andrew Strauss, though i would have probably yessed 6 wickets to fall.
I would also go no and no but cant be counted

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm going yes & no.

Not enough time for Broad to get a wicket between us batting and the rain, and not taking the new ball.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Going to take that as close of play.

Q1. Will Andrew Strauss reach his first double century on day two?

A: No

Fallen:
chalky: Yes
GIMH: Yes
four_or_six: Yes
inbox24: Yes
SBI: -
Pickup: -

Still Standing:
Adam: No
fertang: No

Q2. Will Stuart Broad take a wicket on day two?

A: Yes

Fallen:
fertang: No

Still Standing:
Adam: Yes

So, I win again. No, not rigged at all.

New round then, open to all.

Round 3:

Q: Will any batsman score a century on day three?

Answers due by scheduled start of play.

Yes for me.

Last edited: