• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flintoff disciplined: booze suspected

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Disagree. If an employee can't function normally because of alcohol it's a problem for their employer, so it's their business too.

Not sure I'm comfortable with it being made public, but given there's seemingly been times when Fred's boozing issues haven't it does leave us to speculate what the reasons might be for this incident making the fourth estate.
You reckon his boozing has ever affected his performances?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You reckon his boozing has ever affected his performances?
Depends how broadly one defines his "job" for the ECB, I suppose. In the actual cut-and-thrust of competition we'll never know. He's obviously a very good player, but it might be that at times his natural ability compensates for his refueling issues.

However, if one includes practice and public engagements in his role as an ECB employee, then it obviously has affected his performance.

JonnyB

Cricket Spectator
I personally think that he may have a booze problem but if he does it getting relesed to the papers will not help him! What he needs is some guidance and support not what the papers are doing to him.