• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How much will you watch?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'll be able to watch every single ball of the first 2 Tests, none of the 3rd one as I am on holiday, the 1st day of the 4th one (which I am going to), none of the rest of that and the 5th one as I am on holiday again. Sucks to be me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Are you incapable of refusing holidays then? I know I'd rather prefer to watch a Test at home than be sitting in some caravan doing, well... whatever there is to do.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you incapable of refusing holidays then? I know I'd rather prefer to watch a Test at home than be sitting in some caravan doing, well... whatever there is to do.
Trying to tune into BBC World Service for infrequent score updates, and travelling 15 miles to find a 3-day-old copy of the Daily ****ing Mail to get the scores. I've been there, and it's no holiday.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll likely watch it all. Sounds difficult, but I'll catch up on sleep on days 4 and 5, as we'll have won by then. :p

Out of interest, what's with the Wednesday start? Don't you usually kick off Thursdays like we ( mostly) do?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
A lot depends on circumstances beyond my control (i.e. my gall bladder).

Have the whole of the second test booked off as leave, but if said organ goes **** up again I could end up seeing most of the series. It's an ill wind that blows no good, as they say.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry am I missing something...Is 'watching the Ashes' an adequate excuse to take weeks of work, like most in this thread? :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Some people are just fortunate to be able to work according to their own schedule. Of course, pay is reflected likewise, but some are well enough off long-term to be able to sacrifice a bit of short-term cash in order to watch one of the most watchable things in their life.

Some, of course, are not so fortunate. Likely they've not posted in this thread due to breakdown of their keyboards caused by weeping into them at the injustice of it all.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Out of interest, what's with the Wednesday start?
Some form of inflexible commitment to something or other, no doubt. Presumably the fact that we've had to have the utterly absurd amount of international cricket we've got this summer, so thus have to play umpteen back-to-back Tests, and thus need to maximise the rest between them early-doors.
Don't you usually kick off Thursdays like we ( mostly) do?
Yup, as has to some extent been discussed in a certain Cricket Chat thread. Most in this country are overwhelmingly in favour of a Thursday start in all home Test matches.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Seeing as Sky will probably show three hour highlights, they won't miss much. :p

Still, doesn't compensate for the live stuff mind. :)

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Will generally watch the 1st session each day. Depending on the contest will consider sticking around for longer.

Used to be a lot easier when univerisity studies was the only commitment in life.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will watch as much as I can here in South Korea. I'd like to think the Australian Network will pick it up from SBS, but that probably won't happen. Might be reduced to highlights on the news.

ripper868

International Coach
I'm like the other aussies, will watch till about midnight then off to bed if it's a work night, otherwise will be up all night and sleep all the next day. May make exceptions to this midnight rule like last time if theres a Lee and Kaspa last wicket partnership that fell so "Jones, Bowden!" short situation, not likely though as all matches will be over by lunch on day 2.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sorry am I missing something...Is 'watching the Ashes' an adequate excuse to take weeks of work, like most in this thread? :ph34r:
Some people are just fortunate to be able to work according to their own schedule. Of course, pay is reflected likewise, but some are well enough off long-term to be able to sacrifice a bit of short-term cash in order to watch one of the most watchable things in their life.

Some, of course, are not so fortunate. Likely they've not posted in this thread due to breakdown of their keyboards caused by weeping into them at the injustice of it all.
They are called holidays, you don't have to give a reason as to why you want them and certainly won't be costing me any money

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Definitely as much as posisble during the holidays, will see how the rest of it goes with uni. Probably a fair bit though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
They are called holidays, you don't have to give a reason as to why you want them and certainly won't be costing me any money
Well yeah obviously some of it is holiday but I've tended to presume one could get 3 Tests' worth at best of holiday.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well yeah obviously some of it is holiday but I've tended to presume one could get 3 Tests' worth at best of holiday.
Well three tests is 9 days holiday maximum...Don't think i know anyone who only gets 9 days holiday a year, in fact i think its probably illegal.

only need 15 days for all 5 tests and i get 25 plus bank holidays a year.