Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How much will you watch?

Pinball Champion!
    I got Supersport in my flat pretty much for the Ashes this winter.. Not paying a penny for it either which is great.. When I'm at home I'm going to be watching pretty much every single ball.. I hope we get a decent commentary feed here in SA.. My boss invited me to the Oval test which I really wanted to go to, but it's not financially possible, I imagine all five days would cost more than my plane ticket
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 30-06-2009 at 07:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Yeah, booked Wednesday-Friday off next week. Will look at the other tests when we get closer...however, should be able to have Sky player on at work if i can't have time off
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

I am going to watch every ball. Can't wait for it to start.

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    GIMH a great post if I may say so.
    Agreed!

If I'm in court I will try to use the snappy new ECB Scoreboard function on the mobile.
    It's good isn't it!

On paper this adds up to a full summer of cricketing pleasure but in reality if the series has to be declared null and void after 3 Tests as it was in 1989 and 2006/7 then I will probably just watch and re-watch my Botham's Ashes video and "2005 - the Greatest Series" DVDs for the rest of the summer.
    My plan exactly.

As for my watching the tests, I am awful viewer. I get so tense watching, it's unbelievable. It might be a case of watching the highlights AFTER I know what's happened! Yes, sad I know.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    I will be watching the first session of every day's play. This will go on to about, I think 12 midnight-ish. I will then either fall asleep or stagger to bed.

The advantage I have is that this will not upset the missus. In fact, she will probably watch more of it than me as she is an England fan and also a cricket addict.

In fact, she is more likely to upset me. If she wakes me up, stumbling to bed at 2am, there'd better not be an empty coca-cola bottle nearby, otherwise I might just Kweek her in the face.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Tarique?
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Yeah, you'd have to read the made/ruined thread to get it I think

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    I'll be able to watch every single ball of the first 2 Tests, none of the 3rd one as I am on holiday, the 1st day of the 4th one (which I am going to), none of the rest of that and the 5th one as I am on holiday again. Sucks to be me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Are you incapable of refusing holidays then? I know I'd rather prefer to watch a Test at home than be sitting in some caravan doing, well... whatever there is to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Are you incapable of refusing holidays then? I know I'd rather prefer to watch a Test at home than be sitting in some caravan doing, well... whatever there is to do.
    Trying to tune into BBC World Service for infrequent score updates, and travelling 15 miles to find a 3-day-old copy of the Daily ****ing Mail to get the scores. I've been there, and it's no holiday.
    Last edited by zaremba; 30-06-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    I'll likely watch it all. Sounds difficult, but I'll catch up on sleep on days 4 and 5, as we'll have won by then.

Out of interest, what's with the Wednesday start? Don't you usually kick off Thursdays like we ( mostly) do?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    A lot depends on circumstances beyond my control (i.e. my gall bladder).

Have the whole of the second test booked off as leave, but if said organ goes tits up again I could end up seeing most of the series. It's an ill wind that blows no good, as they say.
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Sorry am I missing something...Is 'watching the Ashes' an adequate excuse to take weeks of work, like most in this thread?
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Some people are just fortunate to be able to work according to their own schedule. Of course, pay is reflected likewise, but some are well enough off long-term to be able to sacrifice a bit of short-term cash in order to watch one of the most watchable things in their life.

Some, of course, are not so fortunate. Likely they've not posted in this thread due to breakdown of their keyboards caused by weeping into them at the injustice of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Out of interest, what's with the Wednesday start?
    Some form of inflexible commitment to something or other, no doubt. Presumably the fact that we've had to have the utterly absurd amount of international cricket we've got this summer, so thus have to play umpteen back-to-back Tests, and thus need to maximise the rest between them early-doors.
    Don't you usually kick off Thursdays like we ( mostly) do?
    Yup, as has to some extent been discussed in a certain Cricket Chat thread. Most in this country are overwhelmingly in favour of a Thursday start in all home Test matches.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information