Thread: Never been to Test Match

Cricket Spectator

Never been to Test Match

Can somebody help me please? I am not a big cricket fan but enjoy to watch on tv occasionally. I am going to be in Cardiff from about 5.00 p.m on the first day of the Test. I have looked at tickets and prices seem to be from around 75 +. Will it be possible to go in cheaper after a certain time. o not know if I This sound a bit cheapskate but I could watch all day and it would be a lot of money if I could'nt.
    Thanks

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbach View Post
    Will it be possible to go in cheaper after a certain time.
    No. In a word.

In cricket, a day's play is a day's play and there is no breakdown. You buy a ticket for the full day's play or not at all.

If there's truly still tickets remaining for the first day's play I'm astounded.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Spectator
    Thanks for our help.
    Found tickets on seatwave.com
    1st Test - Day 1 tickets at SWALEC Stadium in Cardiff on 08/07/2009

Do'nt know how these compare to the facevalue prices as I have'nt been able to access the ECB website.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    They're pretty good value, I'd probably pay double that price to be at the first day of the Ashes. Unfortunately, with the cost of flights and accommodation, I'd end up going way beyond that.

Go for it though, if there's no anti-tout system in place (and there very, very rarely is, for all the warnings they give). We'll see you on TV
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    No. In a word.

In cricket, a day's play is a day's play and there is no breakdown. You buy a ticket for the full day's play or not at all.

If there's truly still tickets remaining for the first day's play I'm astounded.
    Not true for all grounds. At Lords at least you can pay half price to get in after the tea break. There is only a limited number of seats available though (they sell off all the no shows at that point) and you have to queue, probably for at least half an hour before tea in order to have a chance to get one and for an Ashes match I imagine even longer.

Thread Information