• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Never been to Test Match

wilbach

Cricket Spectator
Can somebody help me please? I am not a big cricket fan but enjoy to watch on tv occasionally. I am going to be in Cardiff from about 5.00 p.m on the first day of the Test. I have looked at tickets and prices seem to be from around £75 +. Will it be possible to go in cheaper after a certain time. o not know if I This sound a bit cheapskate but I could watch all day and it would be a lot of money if I could'nt.
Thanks

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Will it be possible to go in cheaper after a certain time.
No. In a word. :)

In cricket, a day's play is a day's play and there is no breakdown. You buy a ticket for the full day's play or not at all.

If there's truly still tickets remaining for the first day's play I'm astounded. :blink:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're pretty good value, I'd probably pay double that price to be at the first day of the Ashes. Unfortunately, with the cost of flights and accommodation, I'd end up going way beyond that.

Go for it though, if there's no anti-tout system in place (and there very, very rarely is, for all the warnings they give). We'll see you on TV :)

pskov

International 12th Man
No. In a word. :)

In cricket, a day's play is a day's play and there is no breakdown. You buy a ticket for the full day's play or not at all.

If there's truly still tickets remaining for the first day's play I'm astounded. :blink:
Not true for all grounds. At Lords at least you can pay half price to get in after the tea break. There is only a limited number of seats available though (they sell off all the no shows at that point) and you have to queue, probably for at least half an hour before tea in order to have a chance to get one and for an Ashes match I imagine even longer.