• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tour Matches

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anyone know what sort of team Northants are putting out, are Boje, Hall, van der Wath playing or is it second XI stuff?
None of the ICL SAfricans are playing - the eleven (yes, indeed, eleven!) is Howgego, O'Brien (who is keeping), White (C), Wakely, Wessels, Nelson, Willey, Brooks, Lucas, Wigley, White.

Never even heard of this Jack Brooks chap but apparently he's a 25-year-old who's never played First-Class cricket before. Oxford-born as well.

So the Northants attack is Wigley, Lucas, Brooks, Nelson, White, Willey. If Australia fail to make 650 for 5 or so here, they've really come a-cropper.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Here we are then... chance for the Aussies to smack about some crap division 2 second XI bowling.
TBF, David Lucas did take 12-for-nothing-much the other day - albeit he's never looked like doing anything of the sort for most of his career.

Opportunity for a quick redressal of the balance there, in fact.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would've given Hauritz a rest too after the dislocated finger, but I guess that wasn't really an option. Good to see Clark and Macca getting a hit out.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
TBF, David Lucas did take 12-for-nothing-much the other day - albeit he's never looked like doing anything of the sort for most of his career.

Opportunity for a quick redressal of the balance there, in fact.
Well yeah... but all the other are pretty rubbish. Bit of a hiding to nothing for the individual players I guess, if they score runs the bowlers are rubbish, if they don't then they didn't even get runs against rubbish bowlers.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Poor Hughes, what pressure for a young guy to be under now. From what I've heard of his career, it sounds like it's the first time he's ever had a bad patch.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well yeah... but all the other are pretty rubbish. Bit of a hiding to nothing for the individual players I guess, if they score runs the bowlers are rubbish, if they don't then they didn't even get runs against rubbish bowlers.
Not many of the batsmen really need runs - they should all get them, but it's not like they need to prove anything. It's the bowlers who it's crucial that they do well.

Bronx

Cricket Spectator
From what I've seen of Hughes I haven't been that impressed, btw I've only seen his four ashes innings so that's probably harsh. I just don't understand how he could average 60+ in his FC career with a major flaw in his batting technique. His 2nd innings dimissal in the 2nd test was just a shocker of a shot, his feet went no where and he just poked at the ball.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What sort of player is Willey actually supposed to be? He bats 8 or 9 and bowls about as much as a part-timer whenever he plays. Got Katich out caught behind though so I'm sure he'll be happy.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
What sort of player is Willey actually supposed to be? He bats 8 or 9 and bowls about as much as a part-timer whenever he plays. Got Katich out caught behind though so I'm sure he'll be happy.
He's a batsman who bowls a bit of spin.

Surprised that Panesar isn't playing.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year