• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tour Matches

pup11

International Coach
A bowl off here from Johnson, Lee and Clark hopefully.

Team should be something like this.

1. Hughes
2. Katich
3. Clarke
4. Hussey
5. Watson
6. North
7. Haddin
8. Johnson
9. Lee
10. Siddle
11. Clark

Not fussed as long as Hughes, Katich, Hussey, Watson, North, Haddin, Johnson, Lee and Clark play.
Would definitely play both McDonald and Manou, they haven't had a hit out for a while now, and could do with some game time, though can't see Ricky sitting out, he just doesn't believe in sitting out of an Austrlian game.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
I would play all 5 squad members not in the test team and rest those most in need.

Ins: Lee, Clark, Macca, Watto, Manuar

out: House, Siddle, Hauritz, Haddin, Clarke

Might possibly consider playing haddin, as he obviously needs to work on his keeping. In this case would look to rest Katich.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Might as well rest Punter.
Yeah, it's the perfect opportunity to have Clarke lead the team. Ponting's looked in decent touch too despite not really going on with it, IMO.

Honestly though, I doubt it'll happen. Reckon he'll play TBH; more chance of Clarke being rested himself, even.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hope Hussey and North both play TBH, as well as obviously hoping this is a proper eleven-a-side game.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd like to see:

Katich
Hughes
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
North
Haddin
MacDonald
Johnson
Siddle
Clark

No need for Buildahouse to play, nor is there a need for Hauritz to play. #1 and #2 bowlers on the team sheet for the third test. We need to see a bowl off between Clark and Siddle and Johnson needs to regain form. All the rest of the guys should be played to get a bit of practice.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like to see:

Katich
Hughes
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
North
Haddin
MacDonald
Johnson
Siddle
Clark

No need for Buildahouse to play, nor is there a need for Hauritz to play. #1 and #2 bowlers on the team sheet for the third test. We need to see a bowl off between Clark and Siddle and Johnson needs to regain form. All the rest of the guys should be played to get a bit of practice.
You're English, aren't you? :p

Nah seriously, that's a good side for the tour match. Gives those who need it a hit out, and it's basically a three way bowl off between Clark, Siddle and Johnson.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
I'd like to see:

Katich
Hughes
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
North
Haddin
MacDonald
Johnson
Siddle
Clark

Manou for Haddin

Hauritz for Clarke

pup11

International Coach
How are things going with Lee's recovery, is there any chance that he might play in the 3rd test..?

If not then I think Clark should definitely come into the frame, I don't agree with Nielsen's view that they aren't playing Clark in the XI, because he and Siddle are similar kind of bowlers.

I think Clark is much more accurate and experienced (especially in English conditions) than Siddle, and see no reason why both of them can't be in the same XI, that is if Australia opt to play with five bowlers.

As for the XI for the tour game is concerned, would like to everyone who hasn't played in any game yet on this tour, to get a hit out in this tour game, Hilfy should be the only bloke who should get his well deserved break.

In Huaritz's case, don't think he should miss out on playing in the practice game unless his finger is still causing him some discomfort, as a spin bowler the more he bowls the better his rhythm would be leading into the 3rd test, since he didn't bowl much in the 2nd test, getting a few overs under his belt by playing i this tour game should be good for him.

Uppercut

No need for Buildahouse to play, nor is there a need for Hauritz to play. #1 and #2 bowlers on the team sheet for the third test.
That's what everyone was saying about Johnson ahead of the previous warm-up games.

IMO you play the team you expect to field for the third test. Warm-up games are to find your players some rhythm, not to bowl them off against each other.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's what everyone was saying about Johnson ahead of the previous warm-up games.

IMO you play the team you expect to field for the third test. Warm-up games are to find your players some rhythm, not to bowl them off against each other.
Hmm yeah, but unlike Johnson before the series, House and Hauritz are already in pretty good rhythm - it's not the like next Test is a month and a half away. I think we could benefit a lot more from giving our bench a run just to get them some rhythm in case something went wrong throughout the series.

I'm not suggesting it be treated as a selection trial, but I think we could gain more out of giving certain players a run than others, be they likely to play at EB or not.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year

You then run the risk of effectively having a squad of 11, with all the other members of the tour party hopelessly out of practice. Which leaves you with a huge problem if someone needs to be dropped or gets injured.

The Crim batsmen are mostly in pretty good nick. So why don't they give one a rest, and play 5 batsmen, keeper at 6, and then Johnson 7, Hauritz 8, Siddle 9, Sh!thouse 10, Clark 11? Then all the bowlers can get some more match practice while allowing a bowl-off for the 3rd seamer spot and without over-working any of the bowlers. And that batting line-up still ought to be far too good for poor old Northants.

Uppercut

Hmm yeah, but unlike Johnson before the series, House and Hauritz are already in pretty good rhythm - it's not the like next Test is a month and a half away. I think we could benefit a lot more from giving our bench a run just to get them some rhythm in case something went wrong throughout the series.

I'm not suggesting it be treated as a selection trial, but I think we could gain more out of giving certain players a run than others, be they likely to play at EB or not.
It's a case for those in and around the camp to judge who most needs the run-out. But i think they should start with the team they expect to play the third test and work from there.

Most certainly not a bowl-out or a selection trial, that's the important thing.

Uppercut

You then run the risk of effectively having a squad of 11, with all the other members of the tour party hopelessly out of practice. Which leaves you with a huge problem if someone needs to be dropped or gets injured.

The Crim batsmen are mostly in pretty good nick. So why don't they give one a rest, and play 5 batsmen, keeper at 6, and then Johnson 7, Hauritz 8, Siddle 9, Sh!thouse 10, Clark 11? Then all the bowlers can get some more match practice while allowing a bowl-off for the 3rd seamer spot and without over-working any of the bowlers. And that batting line-up still ought to be far too good for poor old Northants.
Yeah, no objections to that idea here. Who can afford being left out (whether it be a bowler or batmsan) is for the selectors to decide.