• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tour Matches

Malleeboy

U19 12th Man
So barring any injuries looks like the first Test XI will be...

Phil Hughes
Simon Katich
Ricky Ponting (capt)
Mike Hussey
Michael Clarke
Marcus North
Brad Haddin
Mitchell Johnson
Brett Lee
Stuart Clark
Peter Siddle

Personally would have preferred, cause the above attack has 3 bowlers coming back from injury...

Phil Hughes
Simon Katich
Ricky Ponting (capt)
Mike Hussey
Michael Clarke
Marcus North
Brad Haddin
Andrew McDonald
Mitchell Johnson
Stuart Clark
Peter Siddle

redhotchilipepa

U19 Vice-Captain
Does anyone know if there is there a complete Ashes fixture available to download anywhere?

Might be a stupid Q sorry - have been searching Cricket Australia's website for it - but nothing...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Way excited for this match. Home from work, got some food ready. Yeahhhhhhhhhh

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I've always been confident that Ronny's batting would improve - I think he scored 70 odd in his last Test innings. I think his bowling is definitely serviceable. I like the fact he keeps an end tied up, which is something that Australia have really been missing since the two great men retired.
Mick Lewis and...?

King Pietersen

International Captain
Lions bowling first. Just what I wanted to see. Will be nice to see how the Aussies cope with Onions, Harmison and Mahmood first up. I'm hoping that Onions gets himself a bagful and secures his place for Cardiff.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
As an Australian, it's key that I hate each and every Englishman, particularly in sport... but I HEART Graham Onions. Can't wait to see him bowl, and hopefully secure his place for The Ashes.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good areas first up from Onions. No real movement tho.

Interesting to see Hauritz in the team. Don't think it's the Oz first XI because of no Siddle.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Never heard of the ****, but regardless that **** that was being spouted was rubbish of the highest order.
That was the point I was making - he regularly makes comments of that ilk.

And some swing early for Harmison - not something you see every day.

pasag

RTDAS
Well this is very exciting. Personally would have hidden Onions from the us, tend to be poor against new bowlers first up.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Never heard of the ****, but regardless that **** that was being spouted was rubbish of the highest order.
He's like Botham with a plum in his mouth & no cricketing ability.

Once, when Boycs used to get a trot on Sky, Colville came out with some shyte and Sir Geoffrey responded with "What would you know? Club cricketer, you are." Firm, but fair.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well this is very exciting. Personally would have hidden Onions from the us, tend to be poor against new bowlers first up.
Most people saying that about Rashid; think you'd be able to get a decent look at Onions from the WI Tests. If he nips some people out early they won't have much of a look at him. :mellow:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haha. Another series of foreign commentators subtly saying "well this kid is obviously ****e" whilst he makes truckloads of runs. What a time we live in.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Don't think it's the Oz first XI because of no Siddle.
There's no doubt about that Dale. :) All the batsmen in Australia's Side today will play barring injury, Johnson is having a warm-up, and Lee, Clark and Hauritz are competing for the last two bowling spots.